Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's up with this?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 24, 2012
I have been enjoying and soloing all of Mirage, but recently I have stumble upon a cheating boss fight—Loother ray. This guys has four Ice minions with 9,200 HP. That right there is 1v4 fight. I am capable of facing 4 opponents all by myself, as I have done this a few times in this world—but not with these guys. As a Life wizard, healing is very important for me when facing these many opponents, but his mass infection cheat is too much, considering I have to use one turn to cleanse while all four of them use that round to attack. I have watched a video where a Balance player soloed this battle, but all school are created differently. And I did not have a 4 pip AoE spell to "spam," like the Balance wizard.

Now, asking friends for help is not an option for me. Whenever I ask one of my "friends" for help, they almost never respond back. Teaming up isn't an option either; I have tried teaming up several times, but it appears that some people have way too much time on their hands and like playing around with people. Once they join, they flee. Either that or they do many other crazy things, like Goldenaoak1 explains in the following thread: www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/team-up-penalty-8ad6a4265920a61901595829f1a33735?page=1. Asking other people who are not on your friends list is also not an option for me; people want something in return; people want to be payed for their service.

Before I came here to post this, I spent hours trying different strategies to beat these guys, but I had no luck. I suggest that when entering boss battles like these by yourself, they should be adjusted, as requested in a thread in the Message Boards, allowing players to solo the battle.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Sadly, a lot of people are just going to tell you to make friends, use team up, etc. even tho you have already stated why those things aren't working. They will say its an MMO and its not made to be soloed. I imagine that most of those people have well established friends on this game. They haven't got a clue, or really don't care, about other people's experiences as long as it works for them.

I wish that KI would do something to make it easier for solo wizards. IDK why they can't make it just one minion and a boss if its just one player. In the lower worlds things are adjusted according to how many people are in the battle. Why did they change this? I thought it worked well.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Loother Ray has relatively low Health for a boss. Given how painful his cheats are to a healer, he should be eliminated before his minions. I'd suggest the following:

1) Indemnity Feint on Loother (this should prevent his swap cheat)
2) [Potent Trap] Life Trap
3) Life Blade
4) [Treasure Card] Life Blade
5) [Sharpened Blade] Life Blade
6) [Item Card] Life Blade

By this point, you can kill Loother with a single hit from Hungry Caterpillar. If need be, use a single heal spell to get your health capped. This will trigger Loother's cheat, but once he's dead, you should be able to heal up with impunity. Pack many Reshuffle TCs so you can repeat the cycle on each minion.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Angel of Solitude on Jan 9, 2017 wrote:
I have been enjoying and soloing all of Mirage, but recently I have stumble upon a cheating boss fight—Loother ray. This guys has four Ice minions with 9,200 HP. That right there is 1v4 fight. I am capable of facing 4 opponents all by myself, as I have done this a few times in this world—but not with these guys. As a Life wizard, healing is very important for me when facing these many opponents, but his mass infection cheat is too much, considering I have to use one turn to cleanse while all four of them use that round to attack. I have watched a video where a Balance player soloed this battle, but all school are created differently. And I did not have a 4 pip AoE spell to "spam," like the Balance wizard.

Now, asking friends for help is not an option for me. Whenever I ask one of my "friends" for help, they almost never respond back. Teaming up isn't an option either; I have tried teaming up several times, but it appears that some people have way too much time on their hands and like playing around with people. Once they join, they flee. Either that or they do many other crazy things, like Goldenaoak1 explains in the following thread: www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/team-up-penalty-8ad6a4265920a61901595829f1a33735?page=1. Asking other people who are not on your friends list is also not an option for me; people want something in return; people want to be payed for their service.

Before I came here to post this, I spent hours trying different strategies to beat these guys, but I had no luck. I suggest that when entering boss battles like these by yourself, they should be adjusted, as requested in a thread in the Message Boards, allowing players to solo the battle.

If you have not created an account (free) on wizard101central.com go check it out. There are a lot of "good" people there that will help you if you asked. You may also find friends who are in the same area as you.

There is a lot of information to be found there that you won't find here. That fan site has a message board and forums for all schools and worlds as well as Wiki.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I prefer to solo the game on my characters as well, and some of these battles are a little rough.

On the tough mirage battles I use a new level 120 henchman (I was able to try them all on test realm, I prefer the Myth and Storm ones).

If you don't have the crown supply, you can do trivia games on the free K I games site and get 100 free crowns a day.

I agree with your frustration with soloing certain bosses, I have similar issues like you do with finding a team at times.