Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wizardgraphicalclient.exe has stopped working.

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
as of about 2 nights ago, this happens every time i log out.
anyone know anything about this?

-von

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
been happening to me to all day today and when i try to report the bug even that locks up

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
I have had this issue since the Mirage update, but all anyone has told me is to reinstall the Wiz101 client. Not only did that not fix anything, but now I keep getting quests and helper tips for things I completed years ago...not to mention a week later half the game is still not properly loaded on my PC so I have delays going to some worlds.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
Von, I have a few ideas as to what to do.

First, try reinstalling
Second, Try emailing Kingsisle Support
or Lastly, try making sure using task manager that you don't have multiple wizard101s running. Sometimes this happens and it messes up the game

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
update: if it helps, i am using windows 10.

i don't suppose it matters at this point, since i've got only 2 days left of my membership. but still.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Dr Von on Dec 29, 2016 wrote:
as of about 2 nights ago, this happens every time i log out.
anyone know anything about this?

-von
Check your Firewall and make sure the game is allowed. If it is not listed under "Exceptions" You can add it.

Click on "add program", click on Browse. When the next window opens, click on "C" drive, then Programs, KingsIsle Entertainment folder, open that folder, then open Wizard101 folder, then Patch client folder, Open "Bank A", find "WizardGraphicalClient" and select it. Then do the exact same thing for "Bank B"

This will also depend on what your Operating system is. The above is for "Windows" but may not be the same for newer systems.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Goldenoak1 on Dec 29, 2016 wrote:
I have had this issue since the Mirage update, but all anyone has told me is to reinstall the Wiz101 client. Not only did that not fix anything, but now I keep getting quests and helper tips for things I completed years ago...not to mention a week later half the game is still not properly loaded on my PC so I have delays going to some worlds.
As for getting all the old tips, you will get them until you get them caught up to your current game. I reinstalled the game on my computer around the end of August when everyone was having problems and my younger wizards are still getting those tip.

You might want to run a cleaner on your computer to remove the old files and build up of cached files and cookies. I actually did this before reloading the game. Part of the loading issues is going to be your houses and they do take time. The same with going through zones if you have not been in an area in a while, it won't load until you try to go to that area.

Explorer
Feb 24, 2015
I'm having this problem as well (the logging out one), though its not consistent. It only happens sometimes.

However I have noticed it seems to happen more often when I am switching characters a lot.

Example: In the mornings when I am doing the daily tasks I am switching characters quite a bit since the account has 6 wizards on it. By the time i get to the third or fourth wizard change the problem starts happening.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Happened to me as well, this morning.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Thank you all for your reports! We were able to recreate this happening after doing the following steps:

1. while in character select select a character and enter the game with them.
  2. then go to settings click quit to back to character select
  3. once its up click the exit button

This caused the crash. We'll be looking to get it fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience!