Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

History of Magic

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 30, 2011
So when you have the quest from Boris Tallstaff to learn the history of magic from the teachers and the trees. How come he doesn't send you to Nightshade (where the death school and tree is) and Krokotopia (where the balance school and tree is)?

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
For Balance with Krokotopia, you have not earned the ability to go there yet as the quest is early in the game. But as for Nightshade it was believed lost and thus the student at the end of the path.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
The death school was still missing when he hands you the quest. Also the Balance school isn't part of Ravenwood so he might not know about it.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2014
I have a good answer! At the start of the game nobody actually knows where the death school went,Also the balance school is probably the same what with it being underground in krokotopia.

Angel Angle

Survivor
Aug 17, 2016
PixiePrincess26 on Aug 26, 2016 wrote:
So when you have the quest from Boris Tallstaff to learn the history of magic from the teachers and the trees. How come he doesn't send you to Nightshade (where the death school and tree is) and Krokotopia (where the balance school and tree is)?
Krokotopia at that point is not unlocked for the character, therefore you can't go there where the balance school is.

Also, I think Nightside is something for the Wizard to discover. I'm sure Boris doesn't know the Death School fell in there.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2012
Nobody knew about the death school. They thought that the death school was gone for eternity at the time.
And with the balance school, it's pretty well hidden in the Krockosphinx. It's underground in a cave. Some people would predict a secret lair was down there with traps. Anyways, almost nobody goes past that island, that's probably coming to a conclusion that he didn't know about the death school and balance school.