Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making Collecting Items Less Difficult?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
As I'm leveling up my fifth wizard, I have to say that having to endure repeat battles to collect items is making the game less desirable to play. For example, having to defeat voltic eels to collect 3 ancient tablets is currently taking me an hour (2 tablets collected). In all honesty, what is the point of that?

As I see Level 50 elixirs and streamlining questing in certain worlds, is there a way to target this issue as well?

Thanks for listening.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
It's the randomness in them that makes them annoying to complete. I think if they were to make to make collecting quests and defeating quests identical then the problem would be solved.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
They have already done this several times. If they make it any easier they might as well just make the game "push this button to win" and game over.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
You may need to wait until the updates currently in test are released. Apparently those kinds of quests are being adjusted according to the update notes. I don't know how many bugs are left that they need to work out, but I'm guessing either late next week or early the following week the update should go live.

Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
I just wanted to respond to seethe42's post about "pushing this button to win and game over" in hopes that KI reads all of the posts on this board.

I have farmed Waterworks, Hades, Darkmoor, Morganthe, and The Rat repeatedly with my four max wizards. I believe I even responded to some poor soul's post about not getting Darkmoor gear essentially saying what seethe42 has said. The difference for me is that with farming, there is strategy, collaboration, and the hope that the reward is something that will benefit your wizard for awhile and I wouldn't want to get the desired items immediately. To be sure that item has greater value after working so hard to get it! However, having to cast the same spell repeatedly to collect an item for me isn't meaningful and actually detracts from a worthwhile experience. I don't mind a few attempts but I'm not exaggerating when I say that it took me at least 20 tries and an hour to collect one item.

Just throwing it out there in hopes that KI considers what I'm saying.