Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can temporary mounts be put in shared bank?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2012
I know (hope) permanent mount can be put in shared bank, but it doesn't seem like temporary ones can. If so, why?

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
It's because temporary mounts are a no trade item. Which means, you cannot trade them to anyone, not even your other characters.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Permanent Mounts can be put in the shared bank. Temporary ones can not. They usually will say "No Trade" so that you know that is the case. The reason why is because if you area high level you can get gold relatively easily and you can buy Temporary ones for a decent amount of gold. I believe that this is to prevent people from using their high level character to buy millions of mount rentals for their low level characters. Generally speaking I don't like rental mounts as they usually are 20% speed and virtually every Permanent Mount is 40% making it obsolete to buy a Temporary mount over just moving your Permanent Mount. It would be nice if you could sell or feed Temporary Mounts instead of just trashing them. (I have like 10 Candy Cane mounts that I will like never use probably, but can't find the heart to just trash).

Survivor
Feb 11, 2015
just a thought re temp mounts that are dropped, & particularly those obtained from the daily pekron quest.. first, thanks to KI for being so generous with the daily quest presents! I love presents :) and particularly getting the temp mounts, many of which are "full speed". However, i have one wiz of 5 that has so many he'll never use, as he's mainly a gardener and not much of a quester at this point. I would love it if we could trade these temp mounts via the shared bank to our other wizards. Really, what's the difference? I honestly don't understand why my fire can't use something the ice never will. Its the same account and may as well be used and appreciated, regardless of which of my wizards use them. They only last up to 15 days at most, so are no threat to future actual purchases of crowns mounts. And its a great way to do a "test ride" on crowns mounts, possibly setting up a future buy. Personally, i'd never pay the amount asked for a temp 7 day mount to test it out; just too expensive. But if i get a mount i love for a specific wiz, i'd certainly consider throwing in crowns to keep it around. I dont want to seem ungrateful; i'm Very grateful! While KI is kind enough to gift me a 1 or 2 week mount, it makes sense to make it useful within my account, rather than let it sit unused in a packback of one wiz when i could actually use it on a different wiz. If i get other valuable "presents", like games or furniture or motes, and can put them in the shared bank, why not the mounts as well? It'd be nice if KI would consider this. Thanks, and Happy Birthday KI