Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making a good Healer / Support character

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2016
Hi there,

I really like to help other people etc in games and was wondering the best classes to fulfill that role?

I guess Life is a must as main school, but what for second?

Also what spells should I aim for most, just dont want to let the team down

Thanks for any help,
KM.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
KiwiMagi on Jul 2, 2016 wrote:
Hi there,

I really like to help other people etc in games and was wondering the best classes to fulfill that role?

I guess Life is a must as main school, but what for second?

Also what spells should I aim for most, just dont want to let the team down

Thanks for any help,
KM.
Life and Balance are the two main support classes. Death comes in third after those.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2014
Balance and Life both work really well as support.
However, the main "supporting" spells you get from balance are from being a balance wizard itself. Such spells include: Availing Hands, Helping Hands, Bladestorm, Balanceblade, etc.
If you're looking to be a support wizard, I would personally recommend being a balance wizard with Life mastery amulet, doing Life to Satyr and Ice to Tower Shield.
Fortunately, with this build, you also have some soloing capability if you're into that.

Best of luck on your wizard!

Nora Starsword, Level 71
Haley Spellcaster, Level 48
Madison Battlesword, Level 38
Laura Rose, Level 35

Survivor
Jun 30, 2016
Many thanks to you all for the excellent suggestions.

I think I may try Balance with Life, as theres more to helping people than healing.

Again, thank you,
KM

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Oran of Urz on Jul 2, 2016 wrote:
Life and Balance are the two main support classes. Death comes in third after those.
Idk if I would call death a support class, unless you're talking PvP- then pretty much all conventions are out the window. We don't share the health we sap and I often find myself busy enough that I could never be someone else's crutch. I actually quite often see death as the tank of the group when there are no storms or fires in a PvE team. I have played support in PvP in 3v3 to spam debuffs, but that's about it.

Life and Balance are the support classes of W101.

Explorer
Apr 25, 2010
I agree that I would do a Balance. Not only can you heal with some Balance spells, but you have Universal spells such as Hex, Balance Blade, and Bladestorm.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2015
1. Life
2. Balance
3. Ice
4. Death

These are my top support schools.

Life - can heal all and keep everyone living.
Balance - can support with blades and shields of all sorts.
Ice - can spam towers for days and be your tank in battles.
Death - can provide weakness for days, and is a never dying tank because they tend to always get their health back.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Starblood653 on Jul 3, 2016 wrote:
Idk if I would call death a support class, unless you're talking PvP- then pretty much all conventions are out the window. We don't share the health we sap and I often find myself busy enough that I could never be someone else's crutch. I actually quite often see death as the tank of the group when there are no storms or fires in a PvE team. I have played support in PvP in 3v3 to spam debuffs, but that's about it.

Life and Balance are the support classes of W101.
Death is definitely a support class in PvE and PvP.

Feint and Curse are stackable (basically Death is the trap version of Balance). You can also stack Death Pact on everyone else...but yourself. Additionally, stacking debuffs like plague/virulent/juju/winged, cripples the enemy for your team in PvE and PvP. You can also heal as well as a Balance with the Death spell "Sacrifice" (in some cases...better). You can also off tank if an Ice Wizard isn't around.

Trust me, Death is a support class if played correctly.