Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Didn't reach level 160 - bug?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 29, 2009
A lot of people including myself didn't reach level 160 after completing the world. This makes it challenging to level up as side missions do not give xp. Maybe something to look out for?

Survivor
Nov 12, 2012
Hi My name is Brynn DeathStrider and I completed NOVUS but did not get my experience, so I thought I would do side quests to level me to 160. I am a now 159 Death and cannot level any higher. I completed the final dungeon on 12/6. I cannot level anything on my death and I even checked to see if I accidentally locked my exp but I didnt. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Survivor
Jun 01, 2022
Hi, I'm experiencing the same thing. My death wizard started Novus at level 150 (with a little bit of overflow XP), and after completing the main Novus storyline quests solo, I'm at level 159 and 200k XP short of level 160. I only have two side quests left in Novus, neither of which give XP.

I've seen a bunch of other people at level 160 though, so is there something I'm missing here, or is this a bug?

Survivor
Mar 09, 2013
My husband and I have separate accounts; he is Fire and I am Ice. We were both at level 150 before beginning Novus. We both did every quest except for the side quest to defeat The Abyss. He ended up at level 160 and I ended up at level 159. I ended up 87,000 experience points short. I don't understand how he received more experience points than I did. We both completed the exact same quests! How am I going to make up those 87,000 points? It will take forever to kill creatures and bosses and nickel and dime my way to level 160. I think something needs to be done about this issue.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2017
Hey my name is Michael, so completed the main storyline for novus and didn’t hit lvl 160 to be able to equip the new gear… since you guys don’t let us earn XP through side quests in newer worlds how and when will this bug be fixed?

Survivor
Sep 27, 2010
Hi all, I've encountered the same problem, my ice is stuck at 159 without any quests to advance. I've been told by some of my friends that it might have been an issue with one of the boss instances not giving out the exp. I'm not sure if that might have been the culprit, but I am on the same boat.

Explorer
Jun 29, 2009
For everyone struggling, it appears the Dasein Duelist quest failed to give me the first batch of XP when completed, when I farmed the dungeon a second time my Wizard was able to reach 160. Hopes this helps everyone!

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
I'll give that a try.
My Ice wizard has done every quest in the game and is still lvl 159.

Survivor
May 11, 2009
Same issue. Can't get to level 160 and I've done every world and quest! Redoing dungeons is not going to get the 70,000+ I need...not at bare minimum exp. point! Anyone know if this is being worked on?