Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

[Gameplay Blog] The Heroes of Lemuria: Pop Culture references in W101

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
The complete collection of articles about the inspirations for the Heroes of Lemuria are live at my blog.

There is a new bonus article about the League of Exemplary Personages.

Please stop by and give it a look.

https://vulcanstev.wordpress.com/2022/06/11/pop-culture-references-of-wizard101-lemuria/

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Area51Alien,

That is amazing and you put in a lot of effort/research for all of those. Amazing! Thank you for sharing this!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
exp613 on Jul 6, 2022 wrote:
Area51Alien,

That is amazing and you put in a lot of effort/research for all of those. Amazing! Thank you for sharing this!
Thank you for the kind words.

I thought it would be kind of nice to not only see what the references were but have a bit of history for those less familiar with the references.

What my research has told (and continues to do so as I work my way through the various worlds) me is that KI's writing staff puts more time and effort into world design than we give them credit for. I know it takes a while to develop the art, program everything, debug and make it all work, but seeing the level of craftsmanship in the writing as well as all the design and programming leaves me in absolute awe of the entire design team.

Moderators, PLEASE let the writing staff know just how much they are appreciated.