Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some Bugs and Feedback Regarding Beastmoon Monster Mayhem

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 21, 2008
Hello!

I am a returning player and have experienced Beastmoon Monster Mayhem for the first time, and capped out my Beastmoon bar in one day... It's really addicting, but I think it could be so much more. Beastmoon PVP was one of my favorite modes to do before I took a very long break, and I was excited to try Mayhem since I haven't before. I was then really disappointed by the sheer difficulty and lack of pre-made ques to pre-make strategies (if pre-mades are possible please confirm in comments as I'm not sure).

The Bugs
  • Frequently, when completing the spiral match, the teleport to base room doesn't actually go off until 5-20 seconds after. It changes, but I've seen it be long enough that most of us had time to walk back to the main room portal after spiral. I don't think this is intentional.
  • Fire Minotaur: The smoke screen seems to loop the Elite Storm AI to always cast blades without end. They won't even use them and have tons of pips and blades. Unsure if this is intentional but has happened multiple times.
  • Time Clam: I have also seen instances where the time clam doesn't add item if done within 5 seconds of expiring the game.
  • People are invisible: A few times the first person in the circle is invisible (during the circle rounds, not spiral rounds) which causes confusion how many folks are in each circle to some players.

General Feedback

• The game does a poor job of explaining this to new players. I struggled to get the hang of the commonly used strategies for the first few games. This becomes a bigger issue when everyone is rushing saying "2v2 only" and "2 per ring only" and most of my games someone messes this rule up consistently.
  • Take this with a grain of salt since this has been my first attempt at tackling this mode - but, this mode is stacked against the wizards big time. Let's assume that everyone follows the right strategy, it's still extremely difficult to down round 2 and 3 bosses without a heavy hitter or safe AOE monster to use. Myth rat seems almost essential since 3 out of 4 (total games played were around 12) of my wins were with a myth rat I was lucky enough to pair with multiple times.
  • The timer feels too short for a random group of strangers to successfully execute third wave boss. Maybe I'm just bad and still learning, but it gets tough! I'm not sure if it's an animation issue or health of the later wave bosses, but it's overwhelming sometimes how fast we need to click our cards. We came close a lot of times and still had fun regardless though.
  • The Spellement Recipes: Spellements are something I am just experience for the first time, and they are tough to get. The Beastmoon recipes seem a bit grindy at initial glance. If someone wants to max out a Beastmoon spellement, they can take months to farm this for the 530 Moongold Dust alone required to max a single Beastmoon spellement. This might not be a big issue for PVE folks, but in PvP, every micro-upgrade is life changing. Please consider making spellements more accessible and less grindy because they are an absolute game changer and I love the customization it adds to our kits!

I hope this post didn't come off too negative, I love this mode so much and want it to get better and wanted to share my feedback and see if anyone else have advice or are encountering some of the same roadblocks I am.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Frequently, when completing the spiral match, the teleport to base room doesn't actually go off until 5-20 seconds after. It changes,

This is due to outside battles needing to complete, always check with spiral before going for another card. Time

Clam: I have also seen instances where the time clam doesn't add item if done within 5 seconds of expiring the game

Not sure exactly what you mean, but once the timer ends, the match ends.

People are invisible: A few times the first person in the circle is invisible (during the circle rounds, not spiral rounds) which causes confusion how many folks are in each circle to some players.

Have never seen this happen and have done tons of BM so idk

Do not think any of these things are bugs.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
You can get plenty of spellements by planting school BM seeds.