Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm in 5th Age PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2019
I am by far not the best storm dualist in the spiral, nor do I ever want to claim that I am but I strongly feel that storm has the hardest time Pvping out of all of the schools. I noticed that in this update with the new gear audits to merciless gear, all schools get perfect stats with this new gear Pip chance, Accuracy, Block, Pierce, and more Schools such as the tank school Ice can get insane stats such as 75% resist, 150% damage, 41 Pierce and 12k Hp Eaisly while keeping there accuracy high enough and pip chance at 100% with pip conversion of sometimes 73% which is INSANE. Storm is understandably a hard school to balance because you don't want it to get to out of hand I understand this 1000% but being the Glass school there has to be some way to fix this problem. Being the School with the lowest heath I truly feel like there stats Arnt powerful enough to deal with other school match ups fairly and should really get looked at. For gear chanced I would suggest giving storm the best of both world what do I mean will Storm should gear shouldn't fall under the low accuracy and no power pip on there merciless gear especially the robe. Storm robes and Hats use the be the best in the game and for some reason KI decided to Tigh Storm with the other schools. Second thing I would change is here spells. I was exited when the update date dropped and I could begin farming supplements on my new play through but was disappointed with how little the storm spells changed 40 damage here 30 damage there like it made me really sad the lack of creativity with storm spells.
1. Wild bolt
playing for rng is cool and all but I felt like this spell needed to be changed to be more consistent do to the Extremely low hp the wizard has.

2. Insane bolt
the pervious change to this spell hits the mark to making it consistent so good job but I fell that it hitting you isn't a great change. maybe the RNG aspect of this spell can be change from instead of hitting you 20% it changes attacks form Storm to Moon schools damage? A glass school doesn't benefit when there own attacks hurt them its just not consistent with other school spells.

3. Storm Utility
Giving storm 2 more utility such as Overtimes or Minotaur like spells could give it the edge it need in a battle disregarding all the other points. I don't want to make storm op but it fails to get around set shields unlike other schools. But for a school like Ice to get infinite Shields now with spellements I find it very hard to get around those shields even when I out play said ice wizard. There needs to be a fine line drawn between Getting out played and being countered and with Ice school it just seems like they don't have to give much effort anymore do to there Stats, Spells and everything else being the way they are right now.

With all that being said, I haven't really gotten to the meat and potatoes of how I really feal but I KI Desides to put 1 of these changes in I would be happy. Until next time, Cya!

Nerf Ice, Death, Balance, and Myth Especially ICE Ice should not be getting 150 Damage im sorry but no just no.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Death doesn't need a nerf. It's second to last in winrates in every league except exalted. Sounds like a skill issue.

Definitely don't make insane bolt always hit, that would be too high DPP. Storm doesn't need a hit that does damage in excess of 200 DPP with no conditionals. Wild bolt is fine, it's supposed to be a high risk/high reward spell. On average it's 185 DPP which is already pretty high. Storm also doesn't need overtimes or double hits (you already have insane bolt). Use a mastery amulet to counter shields with like Jinn's Defense or something.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Hi Scrubbyow

I am a long time PvPer of both storm and Ice. Although balancing is an ongoing process that will never be perfect I don't think the problem is as bad as you are making it out. I feel the game is the most balanced it has ever been.

I want to share a few tips to playing storm I have found to be effective. The first mistake I see new PvPers make is they maximise damage in sacrifice of survivability. This is generally storms role but not necessarily what you should be running. Without any resist to fall back on, shields essentially do nothing. You will notice that the more successful storm wizards are running a more balanced build. Another tip is to prioritise pierce over damage. Storms already have naturally high damage but it is completely useless if it all gets resisted.

Use damage bubbles and auras over blades. Utilise hit and bubbles and hit and blades to keep you opponent in an open shot position. Storm elf TC or IC from pet can be useful for removing shield . Wild bolt and insane bolt should not be used as a staple. Best to use them when your back is against the wall and you need to make a Hale Marry play.

There is more to it than just that and a variety of specific things you can do, but those are the main points that will be most beneficial. Try some of that out if you're not already doing it.