Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why are no-PvP spells banned from Deckathalon?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
Upon further examination, apparently "Enchanted Treasure Cards" means treasure cards that were created by applying a treasure card version of spells such as Gargantuan to normal spells and either discarding them or not using them (as they are added to your deck). When i started doing deckathalon, I thought doing this would be fine to boost my treasure card deck as "oh not allowed in PVP? not a problem, i'm using this for Deckathalon." A bit frustrating to go into a stage and realize half my deck is missing.

Maybe this was addressed in some patch notes or more explicitly, but is there a reason we cannot use self made TCs? Is it because Deckathalon is technically ranked and may give some wizards an unfair advantage?

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
To be more accurate, no-pvp spells are allowed in the Deckathalon, it's just enchanted spells (and Monstrology summons) that are not.

As for enchanted TC, it's because they give an unfair advantage to wizards of certain schools. Being able to use an enchanted Tempest, for example, would make Storm wizards so much better than everyone else in the Deckathalon. Also, the health of enemies is based around unenchanted TC damage; cards like Colossal and Epic make the Deckathalon a complete pushover. (The same goes for Monstrology summons).