Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is storm titan fight broken?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Let me preface this by saying that I am frustrated, because the fight isn't acting the way it should. I will explain it as simply as I can, and hopefully people will understand what is happening:

Player 1 does X damage and gets the animation / advancement / minions summoned
Player 2 does Y damage and doesn't get the animation / advancement / minions summoned

If X damage is less than Y damage, and X damage triggers the fight to move on, how can Y damage not?

I'm using variables, because the values of said damage don't matter, provided they meet the minimum damage requirement. In SOME cases, NEITHER damage is more than the cap and this happens. Soooo....... SOMETHING............. isnt right here. This isnt our first time as he has 2 accounts with like 13 wizards (most of which are well beyond this fight), and I have one with 6 wizards (5 of which are well beyond this fight).

The way it SHOULD be acting is like this:

Provided the required damage happens, ANY hit above the minimum should trigger the animation / advancement / minions summoned. If one player does 25k damage, and one does 50k damage, they BOTH should count as hits, for the purpose of fight advancement.

We have also fallen victim to never being able to hit twice in the same round. Either one of us is able to hit, OR the other, NEVER both since we've been trying it since last night; between 10 and 20 times. Now, this I can understand, but it is REALLY a bizarre situation going on here.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
i think after updates the minimum is 20 000 now.

you need to hit 20 000 on 3 different turn
trident must be targetable (DOT can still dmg when empty)

if both condition are met ye you face a glitch (not the first time i think we should add random glitch at the boss cheats table)

so we have :
-4 animation at each advancement (legendary of the spiral with the stacking carpet glitch and the regreted port through wall.

-Stacking refractions + crash after >25 stacked (new summon mechanic) : corrected

-Jump turn so infinite fight : happen sometime especially after summer update (look like a little like your glitch)

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
You should think of Storm Titant as a boss with Z health, and a cheat where the boss revives up to 2 times without losing hanging effects (aura, pips, blades, etc.) and then summons minions upon revival.

So your question was,
  • Player 1 does X damage and gets the animation / advancement / minions summoned
  • Player 2 does Y damage and doesn't get the animation / advancement / minions summoned
  • If X damage is less than Y damage, and X damage triggers the fight to move on, how can Y damage not?

With Z as 20,000 HP my response is,

• Player 3 does 19,999 damage and doesn't get the animation / advancement / minions summoned
  • Player 1 does 1+ damage and gets the animation / advancement / minions summoned
  • Storm Titan "revives"
  • Player 2 does 19,999 damage and doesn't get the animation / advancement / minions summoned
  • X (1) damage is less than Y (19,000) damage, and X (1) damage triggers the fight to move on

Advice: have either 3 hitters or 1 DoT hitter; the 3 hitters need to hit 20k damage each the same turn, or the 1 DoT hitter needs to hit a 20k per tick overtime