Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death Healing Math Problem

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 15, 2013
There are so many things wrong in pvp but I'll just talk about Death healing in this post. Why is it that when death heals off of a hit, they are allowed to go beyond a players HP? I got a match with a death (max pvp) and I had a minion out. He wraith hit my minion with two blades and did like 6500 damage healing him for 3250 (roughly). Why is it those spells are allowed to cause more damage/allow more healing than the HP of any given player? It should cap out according to the player it's being used on. If he were to hit me for that much when I have 9500 HP, that's one thing, I can sustain the damage and the math makes sense; I have enough HP to justify the math. If my minion only has 400 HP at max, that minion/player does not have the HP to justify the damage/healing. It's too extreme. Some schools can't heal much at all and the schools that can have too many options to heal in the extremes which throws the balance completely off. The same can be applied to all schools. Damage should be capped according to the players HP. If you hit a player who has 5000 HP and the hit totals 6500 damage, the player is defeated regardless but the amount of damage shown wouldn't go over the players max HP. It's the only thing that seems logical, especially when there is a healing benefit. It should also apply to the players current HP during the match. If I start out with 9000 HP but have been reduced to 3000 HP and someone hits me for what would be a 6000 damage hit, I would still be defeated but the damage shown for that hit would only be 3000 because that's all the HP I had left to give. But healing is the main problem. If a player doesn't have the HP to draw that amount of healing from, they shouldn't be able to receive it. It's a nonsensical, nonexistent reward.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Why is it that when death heals off of a hit, they are allowed to go beyond a players HP? Its because drains are dealt by damage calculation not current or max health percentage. Heals are currently 50% of all damage/ drains distribution per say, the higher the output damage the better the heal. Now in comparison to normal damage spells with effects such as weakness etc , drain damage is weak in comparison. What your really asking for in general is a nerf to drain percentage healing. Since minions aren't giving natural resist said death player is able to inflict the accurate damage and recovered hp, because again calculation is based on damage not health. That's why death is such a good anti-minion pvp combat school and its common knowledge to never use any minion against them. You can try when their low pips and just use a 1 pip sacrifice tc for pips which helps prevent them from using drains against them. So best of luck~

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
angellifeheart on Feb 2, 2022 wrote:
Why is it that when death heals off of a hit, they are allowed to go beyond a players HP? Its because drains are dealt by damage calculation not current or max health percentage. Heals are currently 50% of all damage/ drains distribution per say, the higher the output damage the better the heal. Now in comparison to normal damage spells with effects such as weakness etc , drain damage is weak in comparison. What your really asking for in general is a nerf to drain percentage healing. Since minions aren't giving natural resist said death player is able to inflict the accurate damage and recovered hp, because again calculation is based on damage not health. That's why death is such a good anti-minion pvp combat school and its common knowledge to never use any minion against them. You can try when their low pips and just use a 1 pip sacrifice tc for pips which helps prevent them from using drains against them. So best of luck~
I was pretty clear on my point. I wouldn't say it's common knowledge not to use a minion against a death or I wouldn't have made a post about it. The fact that you think it's common knowledge is proof that deaths healing spells are too powerful. I understand how it's calculated and again, I think that's wrong. I feel that damage and healing should be capped according to a players/minions HP.