Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fizzle needs a serious overhaul

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
when the max level was 50 and dragonspyre was the last world, having level 50 wizards fizzleing level 1 spells was annoying but with a stretch could sort of be justified

now, however. level 140 wizards fizzleing level 1 spells is totally unacceptable.

A level 140 wizard should be able to cast a level 1 spell in their sleep, much less while awake and thinking about it.

The same goes for other low level spells.

Fizzle has never been revamped and it's long past time.

There needs to be a sliding scale for wizard level and spell level so that wizards a certain number of levels above the spell level never fizzle it regardless of accuracy.

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
I disagree entirely. I've always pictured fizzling as being related to a mistake in the casting of the spell, not the level of difficulty it takes to create it... The same glyph appears when casing Thunder Snake or Storm Owl. Similarly, any mistake in the glyph would cause both Storm Owl and Thunder Snake to fizzle. If you feel you're fizzling too much, change your gear to have more accuracy. There's issues for sure in level scaling, and in not "feeling" notably more powerful at level 150 than level 15, but fizzling isn't the issue, or where there's going to be a solution.

Besides- how often are you using level 1 spells at the endgame content...? In addition to being weird lore-wise, this is such a niche concern that it will almost never show up.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
interesting idea increasing the accuracy when the lvl gap increase but sadly thats not a good idea cuz in PvP using low cost spell is pretty common even at max lvl.

i recommend you to use a triangle jewel that give accuracy to get 100% and so no more fizzle without accuracy debuff

at high lvl jewel give +10-15 % ( actually i only saw +12% max)

and if you can't get 100%, infaillible aura give you 15% accuracy and 15% pierce (20 20 for tc version)

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
If you think something needs to be rebalanced, why are you attempting to justify it in lore terms rather than balance terms? How does it affect lore spells, which have no level? How does it affect non-lore spells for that matter, since you don't really explain that either?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Robobot1747 on Dec 7, 2021 wrote:
If you think something needs to be rebalanced, why are you attempting to justify it in lore terms rather than balance terms? How does it affect lore spells, which have no level? How does it affect non-lore spells for that matter, since you don't really explain that either?
I assume they are associating spell Rank with the relative level. I don't think that is too far of a leap even if Lore spells technically have no level requirement.

I would argue that Lore/Story elements can also shape game mechanics. Think of for example Medulla and the introduction of the Confusion mechanic. Shadow magic is supposed to be more uncontrollable/unpredictable hence why the accuracy is lower on shadow-infused spells.

I am sort of indifferent to this change. If it were to be implemented, I see it being done through the use of spellements, but unless KI is kind and includes it with the damage path-then I don't honestly see it getting changed let alone used due to our current system since accuracy is able to be buffed by gear, jewels and even spells.