Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is there a way to silence a castle magic effect?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2013
I want to use the magic affect with all the sparkles but the sound it really annoying. Is there a way to mute that? I know we can mute normal objects, but is there a way to use that towards castle magic effects?

Right now, there isn't a way to do that.

Perhaps in the future we could provide a way to mute Castle Magic spells.

Would anyone else find that feature useful?

Arthur (Gary)

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Nov 2, 2021 wrote:
Right now, there isn't a way to do that.

Perhaps in the future we could provide a way to mute Castle Magic spells.

Would anyone else find that feature useful?

Arthur (Gary)
When touring, I notice that castles with animations tend to feel overwhelming, even when there are decent ideas behind their use. My favorite instances of castle magic effect use are when they're done in a subtle way, and don't necessarily feel like there's much separating them from regular items and the background. Repetitive and loud sounds are distracting, and directly impede efforts to maintain that subtlety. I personally don't use many castle magic effects, but I can definitely see why such a feature would be useful.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Yes, I would like to be able to mute castle magic spells. Some of the spell sounds can be quite annoying particularly if the spell is being cast on a loop. I've removed spells or cut their frequency due to complaints about the sounds.

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
I don't use much of the castle magic at this time because after going through so much tours and rating castle, I find that those that over use animations, spells and have many annoying sounds makes me cringe and want to leave right away. Some places were so annoying that I couldn't finish reviewing the place to rate it.

So for me, yeah, I would like to see a mute feature for sounds in castle magic and maybe I might consider using it a bit more.

Explorer
May 07, 2010
i'm also on-board with adding a way to silence certain castle magic effects -- or alternatively, adding new magic effects that are only visual (or at least very light on sound). just like OP said, i've always wanted to use that "magic" effect card for the visual, but its obnoxious sound effect makes it unusable. i understand its originally from the gardening spell, so it makes sense that it acts how it does. i just wish there were alternatives or some way to avoid its audio "overload," which is especially bad when it plays multiple times (either all at once or in succession).

i do think some new simple visual effects, without much sound, would be nice. shorter sparkle/light effects, less eye-straining lightning effects, things like that. they'd be a nice way to add more subtle castle magic without overdoing it