Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Will we ever be able to vote people off our Beastmoon teams?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
It's rather tiring to have to deal with someone who refuses to take direction and plays awfully. If the entire team is telling you to stop trading caps because you're feeding the other team points and you continue doing it, they should have the right to give you the boot and exchange you with someone currently waiting in queue. If you join the team maliciously to start fights and flee, you should be booted.

My proposal is that any teammate can start a vote to kick you, requiring at least 4 out of 5 kick votes to pass. If the vote passes, you are removed from the team and given a reduced reward, and someone else in queue is offered the ability to join your game in progress. Perhaps the number of times a single player can initiate a vote be limited to one per game in order to further curtail abuse.

I'd also suggest a "Casual" queue which does not have vote-kick for newer players to learn in. "Competitive" queue unlocks after playing 5 matches in "Casual" queue. This means that people in Competitive queues have at least some knowledge of Beastmoon, and players learning in Casual queues cannot be booted for a lack of knowledge. Furthermore, someone being vote-kicked too frequently could be temporarily banned from Competitive queue since they've proven to be a nuisance.

I understand that some people think that it's unfair that you can be maliciously removed by four or five people, but I don't think that one bad/selfish/malicious player should be allowed to hold the rest of the team hostage either.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
I like the idea of having two different queues, and I think that would greatly help the issue with veteran/competitive Beastmoon players getting upset with newbies/casual players. As someone who never really got into Beastmoon because everyone would get frustrated with me for not knowing what I was doing/not having everything fully upgraded (even though I was more than willing to learn how to play & take direction!), this would also make me a lot more willing to actually try it out since it sounds like a "casual queue" would hopefully be a lot less toxic & stressful.

But I feel like a vote feature would just be waaay too easily abused. I can see that easily becoming a popularity contest/clique, like if a group of friends boots off someone they don't know in an attempt to get their friend in the queue to be able to join. Sure, it would be helpful in instances where it's used appropriately... but knowing how competitive and honestly extremely rude some of the veteran Beastmoon players are, I doubt this feature would be used as intended the majority of the time.