Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle tour Gauntlet category

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 08, 2009
Why a Gauntlet category?
I add gauntlets to my houses for decoration. These gauntlets can not be used by the general public.
I do not want to list my decorated or season houses as gauntlets, even though they have gauntlets.
My Imperial Garden house is decorated, it has a Midnight sun pagoda for decoration, it can not be used by visitors.
My Red Barn is Seasonal (for Christmas), it has a Winterbane Hall. My Wysteria house has a Spiral cup Gaunlet, but is in the category of Collection, because I have a fish collection in it. So it is not fair to have to remove the Gaunlets to list the castle in the correct category.
Please Just remove the gauntlet category or stop it from making us list castles like these in that category.

We added the Gauntlet category to make house rating on Castle Tours fairer.

Some players were rating houses higher solely because they had a Housing Gauntlet.

This way houses with gauntlets can compete against each other without skewing the ratings of other houses.

Arthur (Gary)

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Oct 14, 2021 wrote:
We added the Gauntlet category to make house rating on Castle Tours fairer.

Some players were rating houses higher solely because they had a Housing Gauntlet.

This way houses with gauntlets can compete against each other without skewing the ratings of other houses.

Arthur (Gary)
They were being rated higher because there were ways to use the gauntlets directly from castle tours. Since you've patched/removed those, there's 0 reason for gauntlet category.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
I am also concerned about the Gauntlet category.
I have a couple of houses (Heavenly Palace is one) that when I put it on tours, it automatically gets listed in the Gauntlet category. I am unable to place it in any other category. Yet, I see the exact same house listed in other categories by other wizards. How is this possible?

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
@Arthur, creating a gauntlet category made sense for that reason, and indeed some decorators, including me, were requesting it. But at the same time (or soon after?) the housing gauntlet category was added, the ability of players to use gauntlets through housing tours was taken away. I'm going to assume that players are no longer rating houses for their gauntlets since they cannot use the gauntlets. So the entire purpose of that category is gone.

Perhaps KI will find a way to allow gauntlet use through castle tours in the future. Disallowing it was a very unpopular move. But if there isn't any plan to reverse this rule, then it doesn't make any sense to have a separate category for houses with gauntlets.