Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Show Maycast Rates and Triggers

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Lately there has been a lot of focus on tweaking the triggers of various Maycast abilities, as well as their percentages. For people to thoroughly check the cast rate of each of these Maycasts, you would need to document well over a thousand casts, per Maycast talent. This itself is a lot of work, but then it's also suspected that certain bosses and/or areas have different cast percentages than others. So for example, if we test the chance for Maycast Sprite Queen vs. the chance for Maycast Sprite while dueling the Scorpion, all of the data collected is probably moot if we want to use these talents against a standard Mirage boss. This sort of thing is fine. It's alright if certain maycasts are more or less likely to work in certain places. We just need to actually know this information.

This just is not something people can figure out on their own without an unhealthy amount of devotion, which could easily be undone by future balance changes. It would be a major quality of life update if we were just given information on these talents, what exactly gives these talents a chance to cast, and if the area you're in affects this in any way. Not only would this help give us confirmation that these Maycast talents work, it would also be very handy in figuring out which Maycasts to go for. One of my biggest questions about Maycasts are which ones fill a certain role better than others. Are talents like Maycast Disarm or Maycast Sprite a completely worse version of Steal Charm and Sprite Queen respectively? Or do they make up for this by casting more often?

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Torpzun26 on Sep 15, 2021 wrote:
Lately there has been a lot of focus on tweaking the triggers of various Maycast abilities, as well as their percentages. For people to thoroughly check the cast rate of each of these Maycasts, you would need to document well over a thousand casts, per Maycast talent. This itself is a lot of work, but then it's also suspected that certain bosses and/or areas have different cast percentages than others. So for example, if we test the chance for Maycast Sprite Queen vs. the chance for Maycast Sprite while dueling the Scorpion, all of the data collected is probably moot if we want to use these talents against a standard Mirage boss. This sort of thing is fine. It's alright if certain maycasts are more or less likely to work in certain places. We just need to actually know this information.

This just is not something people can figure out on their own without an unhealthy amount of devotion, which could easily be undone by future balance changes. It would be a major quality of life update if we were just given information on these talents, what exactly gives these talents a chance to cast, and if the area you're in affects this in any way. Not only would this help give us confirmation that these Maycast talents work, it would also be very handy in figuring out which Maycasts to go for. One of my biggest questions about Maycasts are which ones fill a certain role better than others. Are talents like Maycast Disarm or Maycast Sprite a completely worse version of Steal Charm and Sprite Queen respectively? Or do they make up for this by casting more often?
Did you mean to write steal blade instead of disarm?

Anyways, KI, please reply to Torpzun26. Please be transparent.

Administrator
Torpzun26 on Sep 15, 2021 wrote:

Hello! I personally love this idea, it would be really useful information to have.

I'm not sure this is on the radar at the moment, if others would like to jump in and give their opinion that would be great!

I will add this to a list of ideas I have written down from the community. At the end of the month I see which ideas have the most traction throughout the community and compile a list of the most requested things for everyone at KI to see. They may or may not get worked on, but they are noted.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
stemogstel on Sep 15, 2021 wrote:
Did you mean to write steal blade instead of disarm?

Anyways, KI, please reply to Torpzun26. Please be transparent.
I meant Disarm, which as a Maycast is strictly worse than Maycast Steal Charm unless it casts more often. But yeah, Steal Blade vs. Steal Charm is also a mystery.

And to Maceryn: Thanks! I've spread the word on the good ol' bird site, and I'll try to reach out on Central as well.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
Defender
Dec 20, 2008
I would love to see this added into the game. It would not only give us a bit more info on how all the maycasts work but also help us test things in the game.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
KI has previously indicated that certain Maycasts do cast more often than others (like Spritely), doing it for the rest of them should happen. Even if it isn't straight up percentages, at least indicate if the casts are rare, uncommon or common type bands to bin them into.

Explorer
Aug 19, 2012
Oran of Urz on Sep 17, 2021 wrote:
KI has previously indicated that certain Maycasts do cast more often than others (like Spritely), doing it for the rest of them should happen. Even if it isn't straight up percentages, at least indicate if the casts are rare, uncommon or common type bands to bin them into.
I'd prefer percentages, knowing the rares and stuff don't really help us know how often they actually cast. We just know not to rely on them as much. Which is not as helpul

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
I'm throwing in my support for this. I don't use too many May Casts outside of Deckathlon, but that makes things all the more troublesome. I do tend to end up frustrated a lot though when I'm in Deckathlon and a pet with 5 May Casts all based on me getting hit does nothing at all for any damage for 10 or so hits in a row and I can't self-heal and shield enough to stay alive.

Things I notice a lot:

May Cast Blades tend to come after the battle is over in general playing on every pet that I have that has one. Every now and again in Deckathlon one will pop up while there is still a living enemy, but not often.

When I forget to trade out gear doing my daily quest, I discovered that my energy pet that has Unicorn as a throw away loves to heal me. It also made me think about it and Unicorn on my May Casts out of different Deckathlon Heal pets does seem to trigger, as well as Energizing Battery, more than others do.

I'm still trying to breed the perfect pets for me and would love to have a more educated approach to doing so. Thanks OP for suggesting this.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
I would also love to see something like this implemented! Ideally it would be great to see percentages, but even if y'all just wanted to start out with the common/uncommon/rare etc. classifications, that would at least be better than the current system.