Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fall scroll of fortune, initiate hat and boots, tell me it isn't so?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 30, 2014
I was happy to see more clothing on the fall scroll, as I've enjoyed some of the very creative items on past scrolls. But how disappointing to see the initiate hat and boots. These look much like the novitiate hat and boots that drop far too easily from lord nightshade and elsewhere. These looks aren't very popular, few people use them, and anyone who wants them can already easily get those items. Could this be some kind of mistake and those are perhaps just placeholders for the really cool fall themed gear that KI actually meant to include on the scroll? Am I missing something, or does KI really think players will be excitedly looking forward to redeeming "initiate" gear that looks like the "novitiate" gear we have all trashed many times?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
sword tree on Aug 31, 2021 wrote:
I was happy to see more clothing on the fall scroll, as I've enjoyed some of the very creative items on past scrolls. But how disappointing to see the initiate hat and boots. These look much like the novitiate hat and boots that drop far too easily from lord nightshade and elsewhere. These looks aren't very popular, few people use them, and anyone who wants them can already easily get those items. Could this be some kind of mistake and those are perhaps just placeholders for the really cool fall themed gear that KI actually meant to include on the scroll? Am I missing something, or does KI really think players will be excitedly looking forward to redeeming "initiate" gear that looks like the "novitiate" gear we have all trashed many times?
If there was someone who was happy with this look.....it's not even the full set of that gear since its missing the robe (which if I'm not mistaken....is the one aspect of the set that sets it a part from the Novitiate gear since it has the side pouch thing).