Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Plot Hole - Khrysalis's Duran Dunefather

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2010
While this does not severely detract from gameplay, I think it's worth noting that the quest line from Duran Dunefather (in Khonda Desert, Khrysalis) defies logic. One thing I always admire about Wizard101 is its attention to detail, so this oversight seemed rather uncharacteristic.

The plot hole: Duran Dunefather tells us a story about how everything he touches turns to sand--hence, the Khonda Forest becomes the Khonda Desert--and gives us a quest line to break this curse. There's only one problem... he has clothes and is holding two knives!? At first, I thought this discrepancy attributable to the game's target audience of children, but the more I considered, the more I realized this does not justify the discrepancy: there are plenty of clothes-free furry friends throughout the spiral.

What I realized is that Duran Dunefather is wearing clothes and holding two knives just like most Hoppers in the Khonda Desert. So it's actually just a stock file that was reused to create this NPC. To me, that's fine--but then please change the quest line's dialogue. It does not make sense otherwise.