Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle Tours Category

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 27, 2013
I have been visiting castles for some time now and I have noticed that there are castles which have been shown multiple times on the tours. Some of these castles I adore, because they are just that well done. I did have one thought, though. I feel there should be a special category for castles that have ranked in the top 100 a number of times. This would not be mandatory, of course, but as an option for folks who just like to show their fine work to others, without actually competing for a ranking. It would be a non-competitive category, with the castles listed by castle name, then owner name. This could be a long-term category (perhaps a year), so that the owner does not need to worry about relisting on a frequent basis.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
I have previously suggested a "decorator board" where players could list their houses to be accessed without any requirement of competition. That way, players who like a decorator's house could look on the decorator board and access all houses that decorator has posted on the decorator board, not just ones on the leaderboard. There would need to be a way to distinguish players with the same name, but I'm sure this can be solved somehow.

Houses that appeared on the leaderboard could have a star or some designation, but other than that I think it would be best to be non-competitive. The reason I say this is if you make it that the house has to be in the top 100 three times or whatever, it might encourage players to boost their houses to get this distinction. And also, there are many nice houses that for whatever reason don't get onto the leaderboard. For example, many reviewers are not willing to take the time to rate puzzle houses so this would be a way to share those.

It would also be nice if several labels could be chosen (from a really big list) by the decorator to describe the house, so for instance players who want to see mooshu water garden houses or scary thanksgiving houses can search and find them easily.

Another thing that would help castle tours is to make the competition an opt-in option. Some houses are clearly listed by people just to provide access to friends or alt accounts. These houses are a waste of time for people to rate. The decorator board might also solve this problem, but I imagine it would be a lot faster and simpler to implement a competition opt-in on the existing housing tours board.