Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Free Mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 16, 2021
How do I get mounts without spending any crowns in the easiest way?

Survivor
Jul 01, 2015
I think the fastest/easiest route is probably buying a perm Enchanted Broom from the crown shop for 50k gold. Alternatively there's fishing, which maybe isn't super easy, but you can get some nice/rare mounts if you have the patience and fish on castle tours (e.g. Botanical Gardens has the Celestial Wolf mount).

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You can buy a few different types of basic mounts from the Crown Shop for gold.

You can craft mounts from Aquila (60,000 gold for the recipe, plus you must do some fishing and gardening, and Daily Assignments faithfully until you get a Mote of Transport reagent). You can also craft two mounts from the Boxes events (the red phone box dungeons that show up from time to time).

Mounts drop from many of the special boss battles and skeleton key battles. For example, I got the Mander Palanquin from Ra, a low level, wooden skeleton key boss in the library of Krokotopia.

Here's a long list of dropped, permanent mounts.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Dropped_Mounts#axzz4AKvAw8pb

Happy farming!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jun 02, 2021
You can farm Hollow Mountain for the Temple Phantom, but it requires a skeleton key, I've actually gotten a Blue Kirin (Perm) myself.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2017
Hi, i noticed that there is actually a few mounts that you CAN fish for at certain houses.
Just go to the castle tours place and look for the house. Some mounts you can get are:

Aquilan Dual Chariot from the Acropolis
Battle Narwhal from the Polarian Shipwreck
Arcane Minecart from the Midday Estate
Bee Wings from the Amber Estate
Feathered Raptor from the Serpentine Escape
Magic Carpet from the Nomad's Camp
and finally Tyrannosaurus Rex from the Pyramid of the Lost Horizon

They are EXTREMELY rare, so don't get frustrated if you don't catch any within a day. Believe me, it takes ages.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2011
Defender
Dec 27, 2014
Apart from the various mounts you can buy from the crown shop for gold. Many of the Skeleton key bosses drop mounts as a possible reward. If you are still low level the wooden key boss Ra in Krokotopia is likely best for you, with 7 perm mounts available.