Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Different School Crafting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2015
I understand its my fault for not paying attention, but I just accidently bought some recipes for gear I cant even use because its for a different school. Why is such a thing allowed? When I need to have treasure cards from different schools in order to craft gear that cant be used on that character it feels like a waste. I either need to rely on strangers thorough trading or the bazar or the only 100% reliable way to get the treasure cards would be to craft them myself on another character. if I'm leveling crafting on a second character for the cards then why did I bother to learn the recipes on the first character if I could just craft the items on the character that is going to use them?

Survivor
Jul 10, 2012
Okay, a couple things:

You could always try to make money by selling this gear to Bazaar, though I have no idea how much effort whatever you're trying to craft takes so it may not be worth it.

You can treasure cards from drops, the librarians in the various worlds, gardening, and trading and the Bazaar. Perhaps it would worthwhile to plant something.

You can put items into the bank to trade them to another one of your characters. The gear can then be used by that character so long they meet the prerequisites. This can be good if you don't feel like leveling your crafting on multiple characters.

For what it's worth, I don't know what level your wizard is, but... I've found that it's not at all worth it to craft gear below level 100 or so. You can get far better items from drops.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post, but just because you bought the gear recipe doesn't mean you need to craft it... Bought the wrong recipe? That sucks, but you don't have to use it.

Personally I have my main craft for my other characters because it's a lot easier to farm for gold & reagents on a higher level character than a lower level character. Treasure cards can be picked up from the bazaar or various locations throughout the spiral (WC library, Zafaria library, Celestia, Azteca), so you don't need to craft them. My main also has more crafting slots than my lower level characters, so I can craft more things at once without having to wait for the cooldown. So overall, it just ends up being a lot faster to craft things on my main and pop them into my shared bank than to spend significantly more time struggling to farm for gold & reagents on a character 1/4 of my main's level.