Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Petition for Storm Spell audits

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
As the title states these are Buff changes for storm to complete in max level pvp
1.Change storm wing into a damage overtime.
2.Add storm beetle 2 pip blade effect spell as an actual trainable spell.
3.Bring back blade removal effect on glow bug as through the second audit. 730 damage.
4.Buff storm base health to meet on par with fire and myth.
5.Remove Golem- shield and replace with bubble 25% storm damage.
6.Reduce the back lash 10% chance on insane bolt increase the damage to 250 each hit

I think with these changes storm should be able compete more efficiently, in areas that are majorly countered by shield spammers, ice school, fire and myth.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
Brother, with these changes storm will be #1 without a doubt.

Storm boasts the highest damage in class (base spell damage) and has multiple ways to remove blades via Enfeeble and Catch of the Day.
As for a DoT, there are lightning elf pets that allow for this to still be in the game. You also can carry as many treasure card beetles as you like.
Storm health needs to remain the lowest unless all of their damage is also on par with fire and myth.
I'm ok with the golem-shield being changed to a 25% bubble, but I'm also ok with it staying how it is. I feel like storm benefits from a hit and shield.
I also agree with reducing the back lash chance on insane bolt- even removing it entirely if the damage is lowered. This should be used as a shield breaker, not a damage dealer.

With insane bolt as a shield breaker, storm beetle or elf pets, and treasure cards, storm is still viable. You can see it all over the current meta via youtube videos or just watching top tier matches when they occur.

For the average player, storm is one of the more difficult schools to play solely because it requires aggressive strategy. This is something that is difficult to learn as the major tendency is to shield to protect against a hit.

Storm is fun, could use a little bit of help, but should not receive so much as to become an undoubted #1 school concerning damage, utility, and mid-range HP.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
vuntan on May 13, 2021 wrote:
Brother, with these changes storm will be #1 without a doubt.

Storm boasts the highest damage in class (base spell damage) and has multiple ways to remove blades via Enfeeble and Catch of the Day.
As for a DoT, there are lightning elf pets that allow for this to still be in the game. You also can carry as many treasure card beetles as you like.
Storm health needs to remain the lowest unless all of their damage is also on par with fire and myth.
I'm ok with the golem-shield being changed to a 25% bubble, but I'm also ok with it staying how it is. I feel like storm benefits from a hit and shield.
I also agree with reducing the back lash chance on insane bolt- even removing it entirely if the damage is lowered. This should be used as a shield breaker, not a damage dealer.

With insane bolt as a shield breaker, storm beetle or elf pets, and treasure cards, storm is still viable. You can see it all over the current meta via youtube videos or just watching top tier matches when they occur.

For the average player, storm is one of the more difficult schools to play solely because it requires aggressive strategy. This is something that is difficult to learn as the major tendency is to shield to protect against a hit.

Storm is fun, could use a little bit of help, but should not receive so much as to become an undoubted #1 school concerning damage, utility, and mid-range HP.
yup from bottom tier to #1 absolutely- The same goes for myth when it got buffed, fire when it got buffed a time, Ice being top tier since mirage, Life now being able to compete for number/can be considered S tier school atm. Yup what's new? Damage boasting isn't the key thing that wins match ups, its utility counters/advantages each school has at their own peril. What advantage does storm have over any match ups atm? 0

1. Myth Shatter pip conserving- Shield by pass mechanic- Mass dot+Yaga Combo(if timed right in shrike)
2. Ice- The great wall of infinite comebacks, Despite being nerfed so much still has damage potential.( main source of damage (Frost bite+weaver).Shield spaming.
3.Fire- Still the trap stacking menace, with buff traps now. Double ptw krampus FFA combo how can you possibly survive that?
4.Death- Spoon fed of well deserve buffs, still in the process of becoming S tier.
5.Balance-Weird position of only relying on mana burn+ that broken may cast wand thats yet to be nerfed with 0 pip free mana burn. But guess what though? it works.

Storm has lost its aggressive tempo after the elf ban, which was totally bias and uncalled for giving the fact fire gets away with everything. Instead we are stuck with more rng kill yourself spells that makes 0 sense as to why Storm must give up hp to do anything. Again forcing people to rely on specific pets should not be the meta, I understand it is what is it atm but that should never be the case. Storm elf item are suppose to be banned if the tc's are already ban, so thats not justifying the situation with storms. Its like storm is just forced to use whatever it can get away it for the time being before being total garbage again.

I clearly don't see what's the problem with buffing max storm even if they gain the position of being number 1# for a good minute.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2019
angellifeheart on May 13, 2021 wrote:
yup from bottom tier to #1 absolutely- The same goes for myth when it got buffed, fire when it got buffed a time, Ice being top tier since mirage, Life now being able to compete for number/can be considered S tier school atm. Yup what's new? Damage boasting isn't the key thing that wins match ups, its utility counters/advantages each school has at their own peril. What advantage does storm have over any match ups atm? 0

1. Myth Shatter pip conserving- Shield by pass mechanic- Mass dot+Yaga Combo(if timed right in shrike)
2. Ice- The great wall of infinite comebacks, Despite being nerfed so much still has damage potential.( main source of damage (Frost bite+weaver).Shield spaming.
3.Fire- Still the trap stacking menace, with buff traps now. Double ptw krampus FFA combo how can you possibly survive that?
4.Death- Spoon fed of well deserve buffs, still in the process of becoming S tier.
5.Balance-Weird position of only relying on mana burn+ that broken may cast wand thats yet to be nerfed with 0 pip free mana burn. But guess what though? it works.

Storm has lost its aggressive tempo after the elf ban, which was totally bias and uncalled for giving the fact fire gets away with everything. Instead we are stuck with more rng kill yourself spells that makes 0 sense as to why Storm must give up hp to do anything. Again forcing people to rely on specific pets should not be the meta, I understand it is what is it atm but that should never be the case. Storm elf item are suppose to be banned if the tc's are already ban, so thats not justifying the situation with storms. Its like storm is just forced to use whatever it can get away it for the time being before being total garbage again.

I clearly don't see what's the problem with buffing max storm even if they gain the position of being number 1# for a good minute.
Hi Tasha here lvl 80 wizard.

Have you try a different strat yet for the school?

All others wizard have different strat and I bet if you change yours Strat yours Storm can be number 1.

The game went on a slower system so everyone has to figure the slower system for them self.

Wizard101 is a Game not Life no one is Number 1 forever.

Look at the Leader Board it not the same guy number 1.

P:S:

Be Friendly to others players like private and Warlords.

Some players have more respect to the commander rank then the Warlords and want to be like the Commander rank.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
xD why are you posting on so many diff account Barbie? Am well aware of the meta. Theirs not much alternative besides the medusa strategy or myth banshee for storm that works for the time being. Its pretty much elf pet, decent health, pierce spells and so forth.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2019
angellifeheart on May 20, 2021 wrote:
xD why are you posting on so many diff account Barbie? Am well aware of the meta. Theirs not much alternative besides the medusa strategy or myth banshee for storm that works for the time being. Its pretty much elf pet, decent health, pierce spells and so forth.
go by this one name instead on the message board.

And Tasha is my main wizard on this account lvl 88 right now.

and the Barbie message board name account got remove so you won't see that one anymore so you can stop calling me that please.

And I have change and trying to be helpful and I will keep on saying be family friendly to private and Warlords.

Good luck with yours storm rank pvp

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Mikudollsdeath on May 21, 2021 wrote:
go by this one name instead on the message board.

And Tasha is my main wizard on this account lvl 88 right now.

and the Barbie message board name account got remove so you won't see that one anymore so you can stop calling me that please.

And I have change and trying to be helpful and I will keep on saying be family friendly to private and Warlords.

Good luck with yours storm rank pvp
Oki Doki am just about giving up playing wiz for good or at least up and until they make an 8th school xD Wiz is pretty boring for me atm.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
angellifeheart on May 11, 2021 wrote:
As the title states these are Buff changes for storm to complete in max level pvp
1.Change storm wing into a damage overtime.
2.Add storm beetle 2 pip blade effect spell as an actual trainable spell.
3.Bring back blade removal effect on glow bug as through the second audit. 730 damage.
4.Buff storm base health to meet on par with fire and myth.
5.Remove Golem- shield and replace with bubble 25% storm damage.
6.Reduce the back lash 10% chance on insane bolt increase the damage to 250 each hit

I think with these changes storm should be able compete more efficiently, in areas that are majorly countered by shield spammers, ice school, fire and myth.
I understand you for real, but that's how storm wizards are supposed to be. Glass Cannon is the term. high attack low HP. DoT is for fire school.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Magicman123964 on May 26, 2021 wrote:
I understand you for real, but that's how storm wizards are supposed to be. Glass Cannon is the term. high attack low HP. DoT is for fire school.
I Agree, but then their not even living up to that glass cannon standard in this slow pace meta. Saying dot is for fire is like saying shields are for Ice school. These are all utility spells and every school should have access to these utilities. Storm is the only school without an actual trainable dot at the moment in case you didn't know.

So where does your argument stand on that notice? Id like to hear it and will appreciate any non-bias claims per schools identity.