Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i give up, game is too hard due to spring update

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 25, 2021
i give up. i can not progress in the MAIN QUEST! despite having THE STRONGEST, NON CROWNS GEAR FOR MY LEVEL! seriously kingsisle, this isnt fair. i shouldnt be getting killed in 2 turns by every boss in azteca. this wasnt a problem until you decided to overhaul stats and change how spells work. until the game is fair to people who actually worked for the best gear drops available to them, i quit.

Administrator
Roseylee1998 on Apr 27, 2021 wrote:
i give up. i can not progress in the MAIN QUEST! despite having THE STRONGEST, NON CROWNS GEAR FOR MY LEVEL! seriously kingsisle, this isnt fair. i shouldnt be getting killed in 2 turns by every boss in azteca. this wasnt a problem until you decided to overhaul stats and change how spells work. until the game is fair to people who actually worked for the best gear drops available to them, i quit.
Hi Roseylee1998! We'd like to help, and I'm sure other community members here would be able to offer assistance.

A big part of the game is helping each other, so if you need someone to assist, let us know!

Explorer
Mar 25, 2021
Sparck on Apr 28, 2021 wrote:
Hi Roseylee1998! We'd like to help, and I'm sure other community members here would be able to offer assistance.

A big part of the game is helping each other, so if you need someone to assist, let us know!
Sparck, as much as i appreicate the advice on getting others to help, it doesnt change the fact that bosses are able to kill a player in 2 hits after the spring update.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Roseylee1998 on Apr 29, 2021 wrote:
Sparck, as much as i appreicate the advice on getting others to help, it doesnt change the fact that bosses are able to kill a player in 2 hits after the spring update.
They said that they were aware of the issue and going to look at it again/were looking for a fix. So don't quit quite yet.

What world are you in?

If you have more than one character doing a low level world or high level world (avoiding the mid level ones like Zafaria, Azteca, Avalon etc.) might be a good idea until they implement a fix.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2010
Hi Roseylee1998, I understand your frustration. Some bosses/dungeons really frustrate me as well. I would be happy to help you if you decide to continue playing.

Explorer
Mar 25, 2021
exp613 on Apr 29, 2021 wrote:
They said that they were aware of the issue and going to look at it again/were looking for a fix. So don't quit quite yet.

What world are you in?

If you have more than one character doing a low level world or high level world (avoiding the mid level ones like Zafaria, Azteca, Avalon etc.) might be a good idea until they implement a fix.
i finally managed to get a high level player (140) to help via friendly players, but it took awhile to get help. things are going smoothly now tho and im in khyralsais now

Survivor
May 11, 2011
I am very, very close to being out too, for the same reasons I have heard from others. I have been playing this game for over ten years -paid monthly subscription to Wiz and Pirates- and it has become absurd. Every update is a clusterbleep of some deep game mechanics that should be invisible to the player. Inevitably the letters PVP get mentioned in the mix of it - as IF dev tweeks there is a ligit excuse for the PVE messes. I don't want to know why the game doesn't work in PVE, I just want it to work, and be fun and actually be playable - at all levels. I don't get a refund for any bad times resulting from beta-test level content sent live too soon. It's sad. It feels like they have lost their mission focus. Who knows.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2015
I understand your frustration too. Just gotta keep at it. Took me a lot of tries to get past some bosses in Azteca. Sometimes over 10 tries, but if I can do it, you can too! Sit in the Team Up for a bit and see if anyone comes, or walk around The Commons for a bit and see if anyone is willing to help you out!

Survivor
Jul 30, 2016
KestrelShadowfrien spot-on

Is why I have canceled all 3 of my accounts

Victoria

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
I quit long before the spring update, because I knew what was going to happen. I had a membership for eleven years, and I finally just had enough. And I'm not coming back. I have no idea what KI and their new owners are doing, but it certainly seems to be focused on making the game as miserable for non-grinders and non-PvPers as possible.

Good luck, hope you either find a way to get through the worlds or find someone to help you.