Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Updated System Requirements

AuthorMessage
Administrator
We've updated the System Requirements:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/system-requirements

Wizard101 will be fully 64-bit once the Spring Update arrives. If you have any access issues then, please ensure your system is updated, including drivers.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2021
Hello, i am having issues with the launcher saying that my mac book is not a 64-bit system when it really is. Is there any way that we could have it fixed so all us mac users can play the new update.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
Hey Sparck!

I have a high-end macbook pro, 64-bit and fully updated. My existing Wiz launcher won't initialize. Just in case, I replaced it with the new Mac wizard launcher. It's also still stuck on "wizard101 is initializing."

Ideas?

Roslyn Firepants

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
P.S. I remove the Mac versions of the game and reloaded a windows version into a 64-bit bottle in my CrossOver Mac windows emulator. After I rebooted, the version in the emulator works just fine.

Roslyn FP

Administrator
Roslyn Firepants on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
P.S. I remove the Mac versions of the game and reloaded a windows version into a 64-bit bottle in my CrossOver Mac windows emulator. After I rebooted, the version in the emulator works just fine.

Roslyn FP
Give it another try please on a fresh install of the game, it may have been this morning's update.

Thanks!

Survivor
Aug 02, 2013
Hi, I am also having a similar issue. Using a MacBook running BigSur and 64-bit, and having re-installed the game, the launcher will not move past the "Initializing" status.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
The game won't run on my 2019 MacBook Pro. It's saying that it is not a 64-bit when it is. I have deleted and reinstalled the game about 8 times and now I have just been getting stuck on please wait while Wizard101 initializes. Then that disappears after a few minutes and the application just closes.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
I am also having difficulty with getting the game to work on my Mac. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and the game will not load.

Survivor
May 27, 2011
So the game finally launched for me here's how to do it -
What didn't work for me - Deleting Wizard101 from my 'Applications' folder and re-installing for the website
What worked for me - Uninstalling the entire game, including all game files and re-installing it completely. I used CleanMyMacX as a software to help me. Unsure how to do it otherwise

Survivor
Jul 04, 2013
I am also having this issue on my MacBook Air. Wizard 101 will not open after a new install.

John Bane

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Its on my Alienware pc. Dual Radeon hd 7800.
I played right before the update, then it stopped recognizing my 3d renderer like it's not there anymore.
-Updated my graphics software
-unistalled and attempted to reinstall Wizard but can't make it past the new patch screen

Survivor
Jul 07, 2017
Having the same problem. Can't get past "wizard101 is initializing" after downloading several times. Before the download I got to the login screen but was told I was using 32 bit (I have Big Sur version 11.2.3).

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Same problem here. I have checked that everything is updated and have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Mine is also stopping at please wait while Wizard 101 initializes.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2021
Hi my game also isn't working and I have a Mac 2020 and I tried it on my air as well and it was working on there..they both hit the requirements..once the new update for the game came out is in when it stopped working..it just says the "please wait while wizard 101 initializes"..I have restarted my computer multi times along with redownloaded the game multi times and nothing is working

Survivor
Apr 03, 2017
Just tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and now the launcher won't even pop up. I'm on my last week of membership and I wan't to finish asap. I know you guys are doing your best and I thank you.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2011
I have a 64 bit operating system but an ARM-based processor. Whenever I load up the game it gives me the new error that says I have a 32 bit operating system

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Hi everyone!

Just in case anyone hasn't seen the most recent forum updates on this issue, a user suggested following the instructions on this website for Mac users: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/wizard101/full-clean-install-procedure-for-wizard101

I had redownloaded the game after updating my Mac and was getting the same issue where the launcher would end up stuck at the "Initializing" screen. I wasn't able to find every file by simply searching for Wizard101 in my computer, so this link is extremely helpful in locating everything that needs to be deleted before reinstalling the game.

Good luck!
Brianna SpiritBreeze

Survivor
Apr 08, 2016
Hi, I am running on an Intel Dell 32-Bit laptop Wizard101 used to work fine for me but whenever I try to log in now it's saying that my operating system is 32-bit, which is not compatible. I am not completely sure how I can fix this and would like some help on how I can fix this so I can play Wizard101 again. I've watched videos on how to upgrade my system from 32-bit to 64-bit so I can play Wizard101 but none of those have helped me. Thank you for your help.

Jonathan Shadow 120
Wolf IceHammer 74

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Just wanted to drop in to say goodbye. I've enjoyed playing wizards for over ten years, tonight KingsIsle decided to confiscate my crowns and make my account inaccessible to me. I make a living using a software package that is not compatible with the latest macOS, and it is not an option for me to upgrade my system.

It is very hard to describe the ill-will that this decision by KI ha engendered in me tonight when I tried to log in to harvest my elderized evil magma peas, and the game rejected my attempt and the upgrade that was released did not resolve the issue, since this is a family website.

My wizard was nine pets away from the 450 unique pet badge. He had logged over 1600 team-up help instances.

Farewell, Merle Ambrose. your loss is worse than mine.

Valerian DuskRider lvl 140

Survivor
Nov 11, 2019
ThatStormWiZ550 on Apr 22, 2021 wrote:
Hi, I am running on an Intel Dell 32-Bit laptop Wizard101 used to work fine for me but whenever I try to log in now it's saying that my operating system is 32-bit, which is not compatible. I am not completely sure how I can fix this and would like some help on how I can fix this so I can play Wizard101 again. I've watched videos on how to upgrade my system from 32-bit to 64-bit so I can play Wizard101 but none of those have helped me. Thank you for your help.

Jonathan Shadow 120
Wolf IceHammer 74
I am also running on a Dell 32 bit with Windows XP. If I understand the new update notes, it seems those of us on any 32 bit will no longer be able to play. I am not in any position to buy a new laptop anytime soon. In the meantime, I guess I will be ending my sub. Not paying if I can't play.

If you do manage to get yours upgraded to a 64 bit, I would appreciate the info please. Thank you

Survivor
Sep 06, 2013
I have a macbook pro 13 with the newest software and nothing I do is working. This is crazy I just spent money on this game and now I am going to have to stop. I do not know what else to do. I do not have any wizard 101 flies that I can find. Why will it not load!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
It seems a lot of players are having issues with the updated system requirements.

As I have stated in other topics, my grandson is running Windows XP on a 32 bit that happens to be a Dell 1500. Until now, we have had NO problems with running Wizard101 on it. In fact, I have had more problems on a Windows10.

But I can see that some of the thoughts from the notice of the sale of the game may be founded. I don't think anyone expected such a drastic change so quick. I know this is the last thing I or my grandson expected. Granted there needed to be changes, but is there no way to still make it possible for all of these players to access their games? I know I won't be paying for accounts that can't be played.

I think under the current situations that most of the world has been dealing with, Wizard101 has probably increased its revenue over the past year since most have been homebound due to Covid-19. Many still are. I wish this new company had taken into account all the current conditions before making this change at this time. It could have also been a bit more forthcoming in giving several months advance notice of such changes in system requirements. By that time, most may have been back to work and in a better position in obtaining or upgrading to a 64 bit system. This has been very discouraging to say the least.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2016
Destroya SpiritBre... on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
Hi everyone!

Just in case anyone hasn't seen the most recent forum updates on this issue, a user suggested following the instructions on this website for Mac users: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/wizard101/full-clean-install-procedure-for-wizard101

I had redownloaded the game after updating my Mac and was getting the same issue where the launcher would end up stuck at the "Initializing" screen. I wasn't able to find every file by simply searching for Wizard101 in my computer, so this link is extremely helpful in locating everything that needs to be deleted before reinstalling the game.

Good luck!
Brianna SpiritBreeze
So I tried to do this but I don't have the "Wizard101" folder in "Application Support" or the "com.kingsisle.wizard101.plist" file in "Preferences" so I'm really unsure of how I can completely uninstall when these files don't even exist on my mac! If anyone else has any ideas on something I may be missing please let me know, I need to check on my couch potatoes :(

Jonathan
Edward
Tara

Survivor
Apr 30, 2013
Well I don't know what to say, I have a Dell 32 bit win 7 laptop, that will no longer be able to enjoy the fun times of wizard 101. It is sad that Microsoft and all the tech companies are forcing the software companies to upgrade their requirements, which in turn forces the users to upgrade equipment just to be able to run the software.

We can all thank "greed" for forcing us to upgrade equipment and such. Things work just fine as they were first made, then greed comes along and makes those decide that "they can make something better", which in turn causes things to be outdated and forces everyone to buy "new" stuff just to run certain things. Not everything "new" is better, sometimes the classic, original idea was the best and should continue to exist. Classic items will always be better than some of the newer things.

There is going to be alot of people out of luck with 32 bit systems. Not everyone is able to afford to upgrade their systems, especially now with many still not able to work due to covid. It would have been nice if KI gave some advance notice about system requirements may be changing, in order for those that needed to update, could figure out how they were going to do so, or be able to save up for upgrading purposes.

Wizard 101 was the best game ever for how simple and fun it was to play. It still is, but really stinks that 32 bit systems are no longer able to run the game.

All the computers i have, i have been lucky with others giving me them, but most of them are all older systems. I have one system that is win 7 64 bit, so i am hoping it will work, but if not i will be very sad and disappointed.

I do appreciate that KI had kept the system requirements open for many systems, sort of sad they cut some systems out. Even if Microsoft doesn't support older OS's, doesn't mean that should give up on allowing older systems to continue to run programs.

Good luck to all those 32 bit users, i feel your pain with losing access to a wonderful game as wizard 101.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2013
If you are still having the issue where Wizard101 will initialize but not open, READ THIS!

After the new update, my Wizard101 would not open. It would initialize, but never open. No matter how many times I uninstalled and re-installed, the app would NOT open. I noticed someone on this thread say that the only way it worked for them was because they uninstalled ALL files using the app "CleanMyMacX" and.... IT FINALLY WORKED! If you are having issues, I HIGHLY recommend this simple solution. Simply download the free version here:

https://macpaw.com/cleanmymac

Once it is installed, allow access to your documents & folders and then find the "uninstall applications" tab, select wizard101 and uninstall. Re-install from the Wizard101 website and it *should* work. This worked for me and my three friends, let me know if this works for you! Also, you can delete the cleanup app once you're done if you'd like.

Happy Wizarding!

Alison Daycastor