Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Posting Cycle Schedule

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 17, 2014
Hi Wizards and Moderators!

Quick question about the forums themsleves. What exactly is the schedule of posting-cycles for this forum? I've been trying to figure it out and I'm lost.

Excluding weekends and holidays (which are never posted on), I feel like some days new/updated posts are published three times a day, and other days it's never. And I feel like, with my lack of schedule understanding, this makes the "New Topics" tab especially moot, since a new topic posted in the morning will get overridden as no longer new if there is another publishing cycle an hour after that.

I want to stay organized and updated on certain hot topics I've subscribed to / asked about, which is why I'm asking, so if there is an actual schedule I can be privy too I'd appreciate it. Thanks!!

Administrator
tclark1005 on Feb 11, 2021 wrote:
Hi Wizards and Moderators!

Quick question about the forums themsleves. What exactly is the schedule of posting-cycles for this forum? I've been trying to figure it out and I'm lost.

Excluding weekends and holidays (which are never posted on), I feel like some days new/updated posts are published three times a day, and other days it's never. And I feel like, with my lack of schedule understanding, this makes the "New Topics" tab especially moot, since a new topic posted in the morning will get overridden as no longer new if there is another publishing cycle an hour after that.

I want to stay organized and updated on certain hot topics I've subscribed to / asked about, which is why I'm asking, so if there is an actual schedule I can be privy too I'd appreciate it. Thanks!!
Great question! Unfortunately it all has to be done manually by our team to ensure posts are safe for our community, so there are certain inherent delays.

On average you'll have 2-3 updates to the forums on weekdays. Weekends may get them once or twice but it depends on the weekend. Holidays are a bit more sporadic but we try to approve posts at least once a day.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Is there a possibility that we could get some form of "trusted" role if we chat a lot and consistently follow the rules? There's a few people here who definitely deserve it that are great examples for the message boards community like Lookit Light, Exp613, Robobot1747, Dayerider, and many more that I'm missing. With the "trusted" role, they would be able to post freely on the forums. This would be a nice benefit for people who are active here AND it takes a load off on the moderators of the forum since they'll have less posts to verify.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Sparck on Feb 16, 2021 wrote:
Great question! Unfortunately it all has to be done manually by our team to ensure posts are safe for our community, so there are certain inherent delays.

On average you'll have 2-3 updates to the forums on weekdays. Weekends may get them once or twice but it depends on the weekend. Holidays are a bit more sporadic but we try to approve posts at least once a day.
Hi Sparck and Team,

If you could let us know when it's going to be a delay that would be appreciated. I know this has been an unfortunate side effect, of having to do things manually, but it is frustrating to wait days for no apparent reason.

So if you're going on vacation or the Holidays are coming up or you have major meetings or whatever. If you could just post hey- forum updates will be a little sparse the next 2 days that would be amazing!

Thanks all for all that you do!

Administrator
We're looking into the possibility of expanding to potential volunteer roles to help out in these areas. It should would help, no argument here!