Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Update for January 20, 2021 - PVP Hotfixes

AuthorMessage
Administrator
This morning's game update tweaked some PVP stats. Check out the details in Ratbeard's latest dev diary where he also provides a sneak peek of future changes!

https://www.wizard101.com/game/dev-diary/pvp-devnotes-january2021

Survivor
Nov 28, 2020
is the game still down from this update? I am logging in and continue to get stuck on "Patching configuration.exe"

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
have spent the entire day attempting to log in but the game disappears as soon as all downloads and scanning are done ... when it says PLAY, you click on it and the window disappears.
What gives?

Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
To be honest, while I appreciate that KI is trying to fix the recent changes, I think every time there's a "fix" to pvp it just gets worse. If it could be put back to the same rules as second age pvp, that would be better. Admittedly a lot of players have grown up or moved on, but you almost never see team pvp anymore. I don't think it's all due to tournaments (which are a nice addition). Every time it's updated, it loses something, and eventually it will be made "fair" to the point no one wants to play anymore.

I am NOT a warlord with 1000+ points or unusually gifted in any way at pvp, but I miss the way it used to be. The creativity and strategy is missing. Players are always going to have grievances no matter how it's changed, so why keep "improving" it? Reset it to old-school pvp and a lot of us will be there to cheer. Much better than having it "made fair" to the point people are just mindlessly casting spells at each other.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Taken from THIS LINK:

Maycast Audit - We are in the process of auditing the trigger logic for maycasts on pets, which will reduce the casting rate. We have no plans at this time to remove maycasts entirely.

Cam you please focus on the cheating bosses BEFORE changing the may cast mechanic please? We were told that some of the spell audit was needed because the only way to make it tough was to put cheats in. Now that you'd audited the top spells, you should take care of boss cheats BEFORE doing the maycast mechanic.

Trainable TCs - As a result of our audit, some TCs will “transition” to trainable spells (via spellements). Those spellements will be available in free-to-play areas (details TBD).

Will there be a path to allow our trained versions to be upgraded to the TC version? This is just one example:

Phoenix
Trained, 5 pips, Deals 515-595
Treasure, 5 pips, Deals 600-680

What I think should happen is:
Fire school spellement version 5 pips, Deals 600-680
Non-fire school spellement version 5 pips, Deals 515-595

Again, this is one example, but I feel that the school that trains in it should be more powerful than schools that borrows it. Maybe, also include an option for fire school only to be able to train a path that yields us the Grand Phoenix version.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2017
When is the crit exploit in beginners tier going to be fixed. This happens when people queue without crit gear then swap after they are in queue. Its near impossible to beat someone who is 34 levels higher (lvl 16 vs lvl 50) than you and can crit every attack they use. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
mjunderwood on Jan 25, 2021 wrote:
When is the crit exploit in beginners tier going to be fixed. This happens when people queue without crit gear then swap after they are in queue. Its near impossible to beat someone who is 34 levels higher (lvl 16 vs lvl 50) than you and can crit every attack they use. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS.
With the new update, pvp brackets will be more level based and prevent this exploit from happening again. These level 50's have definitely ruined pvp for me multiple times and I hope this update will come out soon! :)