Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The phrase "get in" is blacklisted

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 15, 2017
I don't see why this is. I have open chat and the phrase "get in" is blocked.

I always try to say stuff like "get in the fight" and it ends up blocked. It seems like a perfectly fine phrase, at the very least it could be restricted to open chat only.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
KKingler on Jan 6, 2021 wrote:

I always try to say stuff like "get in the fight" and it ends up blocked. It seems like a perfectly fine phrase, at the very least it could be restricted to open chat only.
I am glad that I am not the only one experiencing issues talking in game with the phrase "Get In" being a blacklisted phrase. I have been looking through the Wizard101 Chat and some of the words and phrases should for sure be considered for removal off of the banned words and phrases list and thus give Open Chatters like me and you some quality of life fixes in terms of chatting. I feel like people in the past have used these phrases inappropriately and Kingsisle has received numerous reports of specific words and phrases that thus led them to blacklist them entirely. However, it's 2021 and New Year calls for changes in the Wiz-Chat system. Just to piggyback off of my previous post, I also think the phrase "Nibbleheim" should be added to the Wizard101 Chat System because I myself don't see an issue to blacklist it. Like I stated in my previous post, Nibbleheim and Nibbleheim Mines are literally just areas in Karamelle so I highly doubt anyone would use them inappropriately, if they're even inappropriate at all and worth the blacklist (I personally don't think so but my voice is not Kingsisle's voice and Kingsisle's Magic is a lot stronger than mine). The decision to remove a word or a phrase off of the blacklist is entirely at Headmaster Kingsisle's discretion so we should just wait and see what they decide to do with the phrase "Get In" and the word "Nibbleheim." However, KKingler, like you said, at the least if Kingsisle thinks the phrases "Get In" and "Nibbleheim" are not healthy for Text Chat, I see no reason why they can't restrict it to Open Chat only.

Hope to see ya in the Spiral, Wizard!!!!!!!!

Blaze DreamBlade (Master of Myth and Monsters)
Blaze StormSword (Master of Storm and Lightning)
Blaze StarBlade (Master of Life and Nature)
Blaze MoonCloud (Master of Fire and Burning)
Blaze CrowWraith (Master of Death and the Dark Arts)

Administrator
The English language, and any language for that matter, can easily have overlapping uses from one definition to another.

Partly because of this we have to be extra careful about what words are allowed or disallowed. Similarly, we regularly review player feedback like this thread's comments in case adjustments can be made to further refine the results for player expectations.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
About that, will other languages be completely moderated or some words will be and others not, I am talking about a language that does not use latin characters

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
KKingler on Jan 6, 2021 wrote:

What's wrong with using the word "join"?

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
I feel like most people's initial thoughts default to "get in the" (battle/sigil/multi-person mount).

For a game that has a lot of scenarios where "get in" would be commonly used, I think this might need to be re-looked into.

Honestly this common phrase seems pretty tame. It'd be like banning the word "my" because people use it inappropriately.

Maybe whitelist the phrases I listed above but nothing else? Or blacklist the complete phrases that caused concern for this initial ban in the first place.

Explorer
Apr 15, 2017
anecorbie on Jan 12, 2021 wrote:
What's wrong with using the word "join"?
Nothing. But it's just a slight inconvenience when "get in" is an innocent phrase, as that's just what I instinctively go to type.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
KKingler on Jan 14, 2021 wrote:
Nothing. But it's just a slight inconvenience when "get in" is an innocent phrase, as that's just what I instinctively go to type.
I believe that someone, somewhere used "get in" inappropriately and KI made it banned.