Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Technical Issue.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
I am truly desperate. For 3 days I have been trying to fix what seems to be an external problem. Two of my free to play online games including Wizard101 don't open and don't display correctly. When I TRY to open Wizard101, the LAUNCHER opens but when I put in my password and wait for it to load, AS SOON AS it fills the TOTAL PROGRESS, the game MINIMIZES and NOTHING HAPPENS. I TRIED ending the task from the task manager, but it won't let me. (Same with the other game which is Crossfire West btw). I tried restarting my pc couple of times throughout the tries but still NOTHING. I upgraded and updated my PC, and the DRIVERS and the CARD DRIVERS and still NOTHING. I tried running as ADMINISTRATOR and also tried TROUBLESHOOTING, still nothing. My PC is pretty powerful and only a year old. I was playing Wizard101 for as long as I had this laptop and from 2009 that I started playing had no issues like this whatsoever, on any other PCs.
I also trying disabling my firewall, but nothing. I tried contacting graphic card supports, which made me run the program on high performance but still nothing.

I tried RE-INSTALLING the whole game twice and nothing.
I tried resetting my personal WIFI source, I tried resetting my modem, but nothing.

The fact that two of my games suddenly don't open makes me think that this is an EXTERNAL issue. If ANYONE could help me I would appreciate it very very much. Please don't ask me to try any of the things I already listed, EXCEPT if you believe I have done it wrong. I also tried sending a support ticket, but I got a copy pasted answer that didn't lead me to fixing my problem.
The issue has been going for 3-4 days now, and after endless tries I don't know what else to do.

Administrator
mestaf on Dec 15, 2020 wrote:
I am truly desperate. For 3 days I have been trying to fix what seems to be an external problem. Two of my free to play online games including Wizard101 don't open and don't display correctly. When I TRY to open Wizard101, the LAUNCHER opens but when I put in my password and wait for it to load, AS SOON AS it fills the TOTAL PROGRESS, the game MINIMIZES and NOTHING HAPPENS. I TRIED ending the task from the task manager, but it won't let me. (Same with the other game which is Crossfire West btw). I tried restarting my pc couple of times throughout the tries but still NOTHING. I upgraded and updated my PC, and the DRIVERS and the CARD DRIVERS and still NOTHING. I tried running as ADMINISTRATOR and also tried TROUBLESHOOTING, still nothing. My PC is pretty powerful and only a year old. I was playing Wizard101 for as long as I had this laptop and from 2009 that I started playing had no issues like this whatsoever, on any other PCs.
I also trying disabling my firewall, but nothing. I tried contacting graphic card supports, which made me run the program on high performance but still nothing.

I tried RE-INSTALLING the whole game twice and nothing.
I tried resetting my personal WIFI source, I tried resetting my modem, but nothing.

The fact that two of my games suddenly don't open makes me think that this is an EXTERNAL issue. If ANYONE could help me I would appreciate it very very much. Please don't ask me to try any of the things I already listed, EXCEPT if you believe I have done it wrong. I also tried sending a support ticket, but I got a copy pasted answer that didn't lead me to fixing my problem.
The issue has been going for 3-4 days now, and after endless tries I don't know what else to do.
Hi mestaf,

Just checking to see if you happened to resolve the issue?

Survivor
Aug 04, 2011
I'm not sure how to post a thread, or find a more specific thread for this, but the filter in this game is rediculous regardless of regular text chat or open chat, it shouldn't be possible to report muted players who are limited to menu chat, and muted players and those without membership can't report other people,
almost every word and letter in the game comes up red, even words in the game's system like items or cards,

but the real problem I want to state is how I got a warning email over spelling " vanguard " wrong, because the entire word is red if you dont spell it perfectly, as someone who types fast and often makes typos I have to walk on egg shells to avoid accidentally adding a single letter that happens to come up red with the filter it's rediculous, but I can pass by in the commons every day and see people saying the foulest things with no fear of anything?

as someone who's already had an account get a 10 year mute I'm extra cautious of what I say, and dont bother trying to get around the filter, but getting a warning email over a typo of " vanguard " ?

if you dont believe me, type vanguard and replace the last letter with any letter, tell me if it turns anything but red, tell me if that is fair, I believe dragoon works the same way for some reason,