Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Hardcore Mode - For Players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 23, 2016
I was browsing YouTube watching Wizard101 videos, and found one made by IAmTheChezz doing a Hardcore mode let's play, and I just want to spread the word about the challenge, and show the community my custom set of rules, that I feel like are challenging enough, but still easy in certain instances. While Chezz adapted the challenge to their livestreams, I changed a little bit to make it more easy and to fit a solo player who justs wants a challenge. Here are the rules:

- All questing must be done solo.
(Big dungeons like M.O. and Waterworks are exempt.)
- No using crowns to buy gear, items, etc.
- No using the bank/shared bank.
- No grinding/farming for items.
- No using the bazaar.
- No using the hatching kiosk.
- No trading treasure cards with other wizards.
- Every time you get a new spell it is temporarily blacklisted for 10 minutes.
- No using any cards that have been blacklisted.
(You can use Wheeldecide to see which spells will be blacklisted for the play session. 4 spells need to be blacklisted.)

Chezz's set of rules are a little different than mine, although I think I still kept the same point across. Everything had to be done solo for IAmTheChezz including big dungeons like M.O. and Waterworks, and you had to use the Starter Deck throughout the entire playthrough. The tradeoff I added for this was, you can't use freshly received spells, they would be unusable for the first 10 minutes.

I also wanted to add something that would be a little bit of a reward for the players of this challenge, and something that you don't receive fairly often. Which is why I also added that every time you finish a world, you can buy two items from the bazaar, and get one item from your shared bank. Whatever you want it to be. It can be a heartsteel from your bank, and two really good pieces of gear around your level from the bazaar, whatever you want. You could even make it more easier or harder on yourself by adding carry-overs (you get one item from the bazaar and then buy whatever item any time later) or make it harder and choose either the shared bank reward, or bazaar reward. Anything is possible, the goal of the challenge is just to make it harder. You can do whatever school, you could even do a hardcore Moon school playthrough. I just thought that this idea should be wide-scale, so I wanted to bring it here. Mind you, this is NOT my idea, as I got it from IAmTheChezz, and with that, good luck!