Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Options for Beastmoon suggestions.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Ok, So Beastmoon is fantastic until you get a no chat person.

So when a no chat person goes in, their chat menu will switch to Beastmoon chat.
So they dont have anything but beastmoon responses.

"I'm going to eye", "Are we going to spiral?", "Should we focus rings?", "Going to eye"
"I'm going to blade *target*"

Menu chats are more people who are using the idea that they cannot talk to just come in Beastmoon
and get points and everyone suffers on the team and so many matches are lost because one single
menu chat person does nothing but just get event points and does not work for the team.

So menu chat is already set up. So can you reset a full menu chat for Full beastmoon menu chat only players?

Groups in hunt are losing over and over because of these no chat menu people that act like
they can't see what is said even when it is basic words that it is a option cheaters are using
to fight in beast and selfishly capture for points when the complete team is telling them to stop
capture.

Options -

- No chat menu chat cannot join with Beastmoon at all. Beastmoon is your creation, its full on a TEAM event.
If someone cannot communicate to the team then they do nothing but hurt the team the moment they join.

So what im saying is either prevent menu chat from going into beastmoon or give them a new way
with menu chat as i proposed at the top of this post to make a new menu chat that is fully based
around Beastmoon. It would be based around Beastmoon Hunt and Mayhem.

Members are priority and these free playing menu chat people are not exactly paying KI a dime.

So can you please either lock them out or make it so they can chat and have no excuse why they are
losing matches over and over and over for the false idea that they cannot speak?

Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
I know what you're talking about. I have two wizards that I'm taking seriously with both Beastmoon Events and get very frustrated when one player is running around capping circles but refuses to join in a battle. Many are mutes but not nearly all of them. I have run into a few that freely say that they are just going for points so "why should I take the chance to not get any by loosing", or something similar.

As far as a Beast menu chat, there is one already on the main chat bar. I've used it to get mutes on the same track as the team. Don't blame all mutes, I've run into a number of menu only wizards that are very good in the arena, even leading battles to victories. The current chat is limited but effective for what it is. Check it out, it's available to use even when the events are not running.

As for banning anyone for anything other than cheating or inappropriate behavior/language (getting around filters with creative legal letter combinations) just feels wrong to me. Maybe they have menu only because of their age and their parents choose not to let them see some of the things people are saying. Some of the conversations I've seen sound like high school soap opera. I know I wouldn't want my 6 year old to see some of it. It's not vulgar but still older than a young child needs to know. And some of these young players are extremely good Beastmoon Hunters.

I do, however, agree that those that regularly join a round and do not battle or help the team in any other way, or those who join a battle solo and immediately flee repeatedly should be banned from the event. I don't know if KI has a way to track this of if they could add a report category to report this activity, but it would certainly be preferable to banning players who love the game.