Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets of Same Type with Different Item Cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
I can't seem to find any resource to answer my question. I made some good pets as I have played this game, but I am confused on one certain thing. Why is it that when I go to the Hatching Kiosk in the Pet Pavilion, I see a pet like Feathered Tabby and GobblerBall have different third item card.

Take the Feathered Tabby as an example, which are known for their Cat Nap or Dragonlance. Using the Balance-Dealer and Balance-Giver as a filter, you can see the some of them have third item card which can sometimes be different. One of them has a Dragonspear and another has Availing Hands. Are pet item cards inherited from their parents or is it something else I am missing?

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
Morning,

I have hatched a variety of pets with my pet Snowball (because I want a perfect one) and I have ONLY gotten a snowball back ONCE. I've hatched around 50 times and I always get the other pet. Is this a bug? I've hatched it with Snow Birds, Borealis Golems, Pet Eggs, Shiverious Knights. Including Self Hatching and using the Kiosk.

There is something going on here, I dont think this is just "unlucky". Anyone have any insight on to why this is?

Thanks,

Chase SpriteHunter

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Marcholic on Nov 9, 2020 wrote:
I can't seem to find any resource to answer my question. I made some good pets as I have played this game, but I am confused on one certain thing. Why is it that when I go to the Hatching Kiosk in the Pet Pavilion, I see a pet like Feathered Tabby and GobblerBall have different third item card.

Take the Feathered Tabby as an example, which are known for their Cat Nap or Dragonlance. Using the Balance-Dealer and Balance-Giver as a filter, you can see the some of them have third item card which can sometimes be different. One of them has a Dragonspear and another has Availing Hands. Are pet item cards inherited from their parents or is it something else I am missing?
I have no idea if they've changed something - but the cards used to be attached to the species and talents could be hatched off or on - but the cards were forever the same no matter how much hatching.

HOWEVER.

Today I noticed that my Rude Goblins are weird. I take pictures when I hatch so I can track the talents passed and know when to stop training. (or if it's worth training at all)

I have about 4 Rude Goblins now. My first and second were from the Kiosk.

I have one picturing a third card that's a Fomorii attack
one picturing a third card that's a Life Heal Ring card
one picturing a third card that's a Link card

None are trained high enough to see whats manifested.

And that's another weird thing. I thought the card only manifest AFTER training. But these third cards are showing in the Hatchery and in the Kiosk.