Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ecto Slime Skate fish, oh so elusive?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
Any tips, on how to catch this, up till the last 3 fishing free times I was able to catch this fish, I switch realms, choose life fish willow only. have used both major, and minor fishing lucks. I fished the last one for 4 hours, using the potions on my Myth wiz. she is level 12 and almost have fishing level, with all known fishing spells. Is this fish really so rare, i have been able to catch many rare fish before, and some of my dozen wiz have it. I have 2 accounts. Would appreciate any tips. Please help.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Hi ggdreamer, I hope you see this, The Ecto Slime Skate is definitely a tough one, I've caught everything and this one definitely gave me a headache.

Here my recommendation: The Doodlefish (both of them) and the Treantfish will both travel at the normal speed in the water, the Lionfish and the Ecto Slime Skate will travel faster and will appear to weave evasively. If you see a fish moving faster than the others and it is revealed to be life, that is your Ecto Slime Skate.

This fish does have a pretty low spawn rate in my experience so it will require some patience, I wouldn't use luck potions unless you absolutely want to because they won't give you a better shot at spawning the Skate. They will only give you a better shot at catching it (Its a rank 1 fish but is also an epic so depending on what lure you use you might want more or less luck).

Hope you get it eventually!