Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beastmoon Hunt spell interception and infinite damage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Hi,

My team and I recently found a glitch when the other team (using the Graniteheart form in beastmoon) used the spell dark protector. After casting this spell (and after he subsequently died), the spell was still intercepting 100% the damage we did. This made our enemies invincible (who were still alive). Please fix this!

Thanks.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
Welcome to Beast Moon Bug 2: Electric Boogaloo

Much like last Beast Moon with the game breaking Pig bug which prevented one opponent from damaging you through the battle this current Beast Moon season has brought an even bigger game breaking bug with the use of Dark Protector.

Dark Protector is meant to Intercept 100% damage on you allies for 2 turns, causing any attacks on your allies to damage yourself instead, however, if you cast Dark Protector then are defeated during the 2 turns it is in effect, the intercept will remain on allies despite the caster being defeated. Though this would be broken for a 0 pip move, what's worse is that the intercept will not end after 2 turns and will persist until the caster flees or the opposing team is defeated, meaning now all your allies will remain taking 0 dmg due to intercept as long as you stay in battle.

Using this spell is basically pressing the "Win" button for any GraniteHeart that is already on low health.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2011
Seems like ths beastmoon event has a lot more bugs this time around, the pips are still glitching, the life's colossus's sentinel still is active even after his defeat. literally impossible to win

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Hi.

So we've done 2 separate queues where we face the life colossus and have noticed the same thing in every battle. His Intercept spell remains active even after his death, and furthermore reactivated and does its function at the start of each turn after his death as long as he is in the duel circle.

If someone could look into this bug, we would be most appreciative.

Kind Regards
Valerian DeathPetal
Beastmoon Champion

Administrator
Thanks for reporting this issue, we're taking a look! If you have more information to mention that describe how it's reproduced and what occurs, please let us know.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2015
Additional issue. The attack. Sometimes you cannot attack unless you press the symbol of the character at the top of the screen.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Sorry to say the intercept remaining on the Colossus remains. You say describe it. It remains on even after the Health Colossus is defeated. Tonight in a fight. Both Colossi turned their intercept on. We at the time had good health lots of wisps and a healthy win going on. To our dismay. The after two rounds our Colossus was defeated. Our intercept went away. At the same time the other sides Colossus put theirs up he got defeated in the same round as putting up intercept. Their intercept although their Colossus was defeated stayed until the end of the fight. I hope you can understand all this. Thus ending the game and all was lost to our team. It was a great game other than this. I have pictures if you want them but live action speaks so much louder than words.
Tabitha

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
This glitch totally ruins the Beastmoon Hunt. Exploited by people to win unfairly. This is not professional software. I'll be sitting out this Hunt and this map.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2012
I started playing Beastmoon for the first time today, it was great, a fun challenging game, until I ran into people popping the Life Colossus's Intercept and keeping it up throughout the rest of that match despite dying. Making damaging their team impossible. This is very game breaking, as you can imagine, and most people will flee if a colossus joins their battle ring, knowing it is pointless, and all hope is lost. Not only does this need to be fixed, but also, as this is a temporary event... Perhaps after fixing it you should extend the expiration date for beastmoon. I was hoping to grind it out, but seeing as I can't win a game without cheating, I am kind of stuck.

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Hello KI,

We are experiencing a problem with one of the new beastmoon hunts form, specifically a new spell. The new life colossus (called graniteheart) casts a spell called "Dark Protector". This interception is only supposed to last for 2 rounds. Not only does it last longer, it continues indefinitely even after the form is defeated. Please look into this matter.

Thank You.

Mark Dragonleaf L130 , Storm Wolf Warrior V

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
Yes, as above said, beastmoon gamebreaker glitch v2.0. If the life collosus uses intercept and dies in the same turn, or dies before casting a spell the following turn, the intercept remains on all team mates for the remainder of the match. The only way around it you have to stack traps to add some damage.

Developers, this is really unbelievable. Please fix this issue while it is caught early in the week. This is back-to-back to the death ninja pig issue. I'll be quitting beastmoon games (and considering ending my membership going back 5 years) as these issues aren't fixed in time during the ongoing monthly beastmoon hunt. We have to wait for a month for another beastmoon game to only find that another gamebreaker glitch is present. I'm also getting support from my avid beastmoon hunt friends who are becoming not just annoyed, but irritated by these gamebreaking glitches.

Please consider your timely resolutions, or allow us for compensations, at the very least for members or recent crown purchasers to have another bug-less beastmoon hunt this month as we financially support wizard101 and should be respectfully treated.

Many thanks,

Very annoyed beastmoon player!

Survivor
Dec 05, 2010
StormFireRule on Jun 2, 2020 wrote:
Additional issue. The attack. Sometimes you cannot attack unless you press the symbol of the character at the top of the screen.
Yes, had this exact same issue too. When you try to press on the actual character you want to attack the pointer has the X in it, and you can only press the name itself. Took me a while to realise and made me miss a few turns.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Hello once again KI. I have now played my third game in beastmoon where the other side has decided the issue the remains unresolved it an asset to the game. My scores for KO of several people have amounted to zero. A mere 12 lunari per game. I am working as a champion beastmoon player. Have played this game since 2008 and been a member since 2010. I have respected the KI community and all of the charity events. I have given thought to the idea you just forgot about Memorial Day and the wonderful statues we were given at each one. Times have changed. Do you actually give compensation for a game that has issues. One issue I wish you would clear up for me is my name I am Tabithabreaker NOT Skullrider. Skullrider writes under his own name NOT mine.

Developers, this is really unbelievable. Please fix this issue while it is caught early in the week. This is back-to-back to the death ninja pig issue. I'll be quitting beastmoon games (and considering ending my membership going back 5 years) as these issues aren't fixed in time during the ongoing monthly beastmoon hunt. We have to wait for a month for another beastmoon game to only find that another gamebreaker glitch is present. I'm also getting support from my avid beastmoon hunt friends who are becoming not just annoyed, but irritated by these gamebreaking glitches.

Please consider your timely resolutions, or allow us for compensations, at the very least for members or recent crown purchasers to have another bug-less beastmoon hunt this month as we financially support wizard101 and should be respectfully treated.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
KI, this "Intercept" bug is very real, and it is swiftly ruining the entire event. We're only on the second day and already, almost every fight has one or both teams using the Life school Collossus to autowin matches using the Intercept bug.

I refuse to play the Life Collossus any more (after leveling one up to level four right at the start, before I was aware of any issues) because it's obviously broken and is a pure exploit, autowin cheat class.

The true cheats buy two copies of the Intercept slash Dark Granite spell, i guess it's called. This gives them eight rounds of total invulnerability in any match they join. They know if they die while the spell is active on their team, their team will auto win and be immune to all damage afterwards

This is way worse than the broken Blade spell ninja pigs had last month. You could play around that broken Blade spell, somewhat.

But THIS?

Not possible. Players who fully know how the exploit works are just discarding everything in their hands, keeping Intercept (Dark Granite) up nonstop, and auto winning every battle.

Very discouraging.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I am also experiencing this bug.

It really needs to be fixed before it continues to be exploited.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Would just like "upvote" this bug and express the annoyances same as others. I am personally someone who plays as colossus every round and I try my best not to trigger it. Really upsetting considering this event has so much potential and I played about 18 rounds of it before this cheat started appearing an insane amount of times. Please fix ASAP <3

Survivor
Oct 19, 2012
I have noticed 3 issues with Beast Moon Hunt. Once again we have the pips that can not be collected when you pass over them.

2. At times you can not attack some one on the opposite team. Even when you try to click on their name at times (even though this does work 75% of the time) making it hard to attack.

3. The life spell issue that every one is talking about Intercept i guess it's called. This is supposed to give them two rounds of invulnerability in a match when it is cast. BUT people know if the caster was to die while the spell is active on their team, their team will auto win and be immune to all damage afterwards. This has thrown a lot of games over the past 2 days and isn't fair to players.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
The problem also remains with the combat wisps, you spend half of your time going in circles chasing "fake" wisps.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
Yeah, this bug needs fixed ASAP. It's too easy to set up or walk into and a near-perfect lockdown if it goes off and it really ruins big battles like in the spiral ring. I've seen it come up a lot and there's no trick to get around it once it's in play; intercept damage and straight damage both trigger it and I've never seen an instance of it not triggering if the Colossus dies with it up.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
Hi developers,

Just writing to thank you for fixing the beastmoon glitches so quickly! These fixes made playing beastmoon more fun and, most importantly, more fair :) I hope that any future game-breaking issues like these will be resolved as quickly as you just did. Very great image for you guys and will continue to support this game

Kind regards,

A very happy beastmoon player