Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Eagle War Shield Potent Trap Requirement

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2014
Hello all,

I have run into an issue in my Azteca crafting quest. I need a Potent Trap TC, and like a fool I sold the ones I got from questing in Azteca because I didn't know their rarity. I have read multiple forum posts, most of which seem to be outdated, but I have tried farming bosses that are supposedly the best way of obtaining extra Potent Trap TC's. I have run Cronus roughly 40 times and gotten every drop from him except the TC. I have run Malakeen Moondrinker in the Zocalo roughly 15 times, also without receiving the TC. I am in Polaris, so if there is a better place to farm it in Polaris or Khrysalis please let me know. I don't know if drops have changes, or if I am just that horribly unlucky. Any advice would be appreciated.

-Side note, I noticed some people saying that PVP tournaments can drop them, but I haven't tried due to being possibly the worst PVPer on Wizard101.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
dragonslay3r39 on May 12, 2020 wrote:
Hello all,

I have run into an issue in my Azteca crafting quest. I need a Potent Trap TC, and like a fool I sold the ones I got from questing in Azteca because I didn't know their rarity. I have read multiple forum posts, most of which seem to be outdated, but I have tried farming bosses that are supposedly the best way of obtaining extra Potent Trap TC's. I have run Cronus roughly 40 times and gotten every drop from him except the TC. I have run Malakeen Moondrinker in the Zocalo roughly 15 times, also without receiving the TC. I am in Polaris, so if there is a better place to farm it in Polaris or Khrysalis please let me know. I don't know if drops have changes, or if I am just that horribly unlucky. Any advice would be appreciated.

-Side note, I noticed some people saying that PVP tournaments can drop them, but I haven't tried due to being possibly the worst PVPer on Wizard101.
I have always stated that if a certain drop is required for a spell or craft quest, then that drop should be a reward or automatic drop.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Only one seed has a chance of dropping the card and that is the Ultra Alligator Pear Tree.

You can gain access to the plant by planting regular Alligator Pear Trees for example.

Otherwise from that, unless you're yet to complete the quest Broken Idols which I assume you already have, then the only way of gaining the card otherwise from the methods you mentioned is by farming bosses.

You can try these Azteca ones:

Fuego Spirit
Gladiator Dimachaerus
El Marrow
Ponce de Gibbon
Lustrous Tlalocan - One of the easier ones
Hungry Caiman
Yazarek Dream Prowler - Also not bad.

That's all I have.

Good Luck!

The treasure is also dropped in Xibalba

Survivor
Dec 31, 2014
Star Edward on May 13, 2020 wrote:
Only one seed has a chance of dropping the card and that is the Ultra Alligator Pear Tree.

You can gain access to the plant by planting regular Alligator Pear Trees for example.

Otherwise from that, unless you're yet to complete the quest Broken Idols which I assume you already have, then the only way of gaining the card otherwise from the methods you mentioned is by farming bosses.

You can try these Azteca ones:

Fuego Spirit
Gladiator Dimachaerus
El Marrow
Ponce de Gibbon
Lustrous Tlalocan - One of the easier ones
Hungry Caiman
Yazarek Dream Prowler - Also not bad.

That's all I have.

Good Luck!

The treasure is also dropped in Xibalba

I have one Alligator Pear Tree planted right now, so I am just hoping for it to yield an UAPT. In the mean time I will try some of those other bosses you mentioned. Thank you!