Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jade Gear in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
Nova strategies have been popular for a while now, and usually balance against a long set-up time, with time needed to get the two shadow pips, shatter shields and stack traps. My question is why it's possible to make this set-up time irrelevant with near immunity to everything with Jade gear. I'm not joking, immunity to fire, ice, balance, and 84% resist to everything else. Obviously this takes more than just the Jade gear, but the 62% resist from the set just at level 100 makes it pretty easy to throw on a ward pet and never lose health again. With the new turn-based system, it's impossible to catch your opponent off-guard. Any time you hit, there's another shield. Any time you shrike, there's a tc set shield, there is no counter-play. Jade gear has either got to be nerfed or made no PvP, or else this immune Nova strategy is gonna start causing problems.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Jade =63% resist no accuracy and low Hp low heal in/out No cit or damage

So rest of the resist comes from well trained pet, Ring maybe couple jewels.

Ice = Tank can run 80+ resist all while having 500+ crit and 110+ damage check out 1v1 to see

Healers/tank always get whined about in pvp love them in pve to help get your gear.

Storm have high crit high damage & high damage spells at low cost if you go all out crit damge you give up some on hand pierce making shrike a must.

1.could lower crit a touch run around 90% and sport 30% on hand pierce.

2.Shrike adds 50% could add pierce bubble and or aura +20% so natural 30+50+20= 100% pierce

3. that makes immunity an impossiblity in game just saying.

On my balance i run 97 fire and storm 80 to rest add Brace makes me 107 & 100 and yet can still get hit for 7k from a storm with shrike.

4.Lastly Ki is Pro hitter. every update Hitters get more damage and pierce critical while Healing/tank gear hasn;t been updated since lvl 100 even the lvl 110 Jade saw no increase in resistance or healing just a little life.

Farm your gear and try different setups Pvp is about strategy not being able to one shot everyone and then saying it's unfair.

food for thought.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
Lasander28 on Apr 27, 2020 wrote:
Jade =63% resist no accuracy and low Hp low heal in/out No cit or damage

So rest of the resist comes from well trained pet, Ring maybe couple jewels.

Ice = Tank can run 80+ resist all while having 500+ crit and 110+ damage check out 1v1 to see

Healers/tank always get whined about in pvp love them in pve to help get your gear.

Storm have high crit high damage & high damage spells at low cost if you go all out crit damge you give up some on hand pierce making shrike a must.

1.could lower crit a touch run around 90% and sport 30% on hand pierce.

2.Shrike adds 50% could add pierce bubble and or aura +20% so natural 30+50+20= 100% pierce

3. that makes immunity an impossiblity in game just saying.

On my balance i run 97 fire and storm 80 to rest add Brace makes me 107 & 100 and yet can still get hit for 7k from a storm with shrike.

4.Lastly Ki is Pro hitter. every update Hitters get more damage and pierce critical while Healing/tank gear hasn;t been updated since lvl 100 even the lvl 110 Jade saw no increase in resistance or healing just a little life.

Farm your gear and try different setups Pvp is about strategy not being able to one shot everyone and then saying it's unfair.

food for thought.
I'm ok with fighting a normal ice with high resist, my issue is with this particular kind of strategy. This sort of strategy makes shrike impossible to use, especially with a set shield taking away 70-80% of that pierce. With a normal high-resist strategy, shrike is always a great move, especially with an aura. This strategy has good counter-plays, but there is no counter-play when your opponent's deck is stacked to keep you from hitting. I also don't remember the last time I got one-shot by a hitting school. I only get hit with one-shots from Death, Ice and sometimes Balance.

I suppose the overall point here is "some strategies are cheap", which I know isn't the best argument, but the point of balancing is to try to weed out "cheap" strategies. I'm sure it's apparent I was a bit salty at the time, after thinking about it more, I think it would be a better idea to allow both turn-based and non-turn-based PvP at once, since non-turn-based gameplay would allow for effective counters to these strategies. There may be complications with that sort of thing, but I don't think it's a bad idea to allow people to choose which PvP style they want.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
I agree i think there should be both turned based and non turned based.

Turned base advantage is it effectively eliminates Beguile plus for rest but diminishing death "sad".

My big thing is people complain about everything KI reacts most times in extreme ways yet doesn't look at the gear setups of people complaining or the school which to be honest are of same variety constantly.

People with lack luster gear untrained pets don't have there decks set up well.
Not to be Mean Biggest set of complainers Storm Fire.

Ever say something about nerfing storm on any aspect there are like we have less life lol 1k less than most other than ice is a cop out when you do 3x the damage for low cost on pips just saying.

People want to do well in Pvp make them work for it get the gear train the pet learn to set there deck not everyone is a winner.