Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Scion?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 06, 2015
I have played this game forever. Ever since I first heard about it I have loved it. I am currently a maxed Life wizard and I would like to express some of my thoughts about it. I have leveled up 130 times and the last spell that I get in the game is a single... person.... heal. I get it life isn’t about damage. However, without a four pip spell to hit in the first round of a fight, it is already had to get by. I just think that it is a little unfair to have gotten another heal in my deck. This spell would be so much more useful and awesome if it hit enemies. Has anyone else ever thought this? Has anyone ever found this spell useful in a fight?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I can understand why kingsisle ade Scion od Life a heal because school of life is about restoring life from death. But how is it useful for a team or yourself as a 11 pip spell when now all it is is just a more powerful Satyr? I can cast 3 Satyr on 1 or more players for 12 pips which would be more powerful and beneficial in a team. I no longer find Scion of life more useful than other heals.

Explorer
May 06, 2013
I still don't understand why Life Scion costs 11 pips for bing another Dryad. I think the spell will be more useful as an attack to one enimie deviering 1200 - 1300 damage + Sancuary. If that will be overpowered then cut back a little on damage

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
jetlightning on Apr 26, 2020 wrote:
I still don't understand why Life Scion costs 11 pips for bing another Dryad. I think the spell will be more useful as an attack to one enimie deviering 1200 - 1300 damage + Sancuary. If that will be overpowered then cut back a little on damage
thats a good thought, or keep the heal and add sancuary plus the caster gets 2 guiding light spells over it's head would be more popular to life wizards. if that's to much than I guiding light. but i think 2 would be more effficient for an 11 pip pell. .

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Or, if it's going to be Dryad Plus, the tick could be a slightly larger heal and start at 33 or 50%.

Sanctuary seems possibly OP and could interfere with a dungeon strategy by changing an intentionally thrown bubble, but a larger tick heal, starting at 33% and a Guiding Light makes it more useful.

My Life has cast it once, just to see it work. As it stands, I'll probably stick with Rebirth and the mass dryad on my pet.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
PaigeGoldenspear on Apr 28, 2020 wrote:
Or, if it's going to be Dryad Plus, the tick could be a slightly larger heal and start at 33 or 50%.

Sanctuary seems possibly OP and could interfere with a dungeon strategy by changing an intentionally thrown bubble, but a larger tick heal, starting at 33% and a Guiding Light makes it more useful.

My Life has cast it once, just to see it work. As it stands, I'll probably stick with Rebirth and the mass dryad on my pet.
Your thoughts on Sanctuary with Scion on Life can truly be possiblle but any bubble like Sanctuary can interfere with ones battle strategy and may or may not be op. Yet many spells are slightly op anyway.. It part of this game. For me I believe keeping the team alive in a big battle is more important than + 25% or 35% damage bubble when it comes to life or death. Can't win a battle when you're dead, right? Either way Scion of Life for being a heal needs something different enough than any other heals out there to be worth while to cast a 11 pip spell. You have another good thought, why not make Hamadryad a regular heal spell not just from you pet. Pigsy is good but doesn't heal as much and harder to get.