Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team Up Penalty

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2019
Hello,
Okay so usually whenever I team up to help others everyone is in the fight(some people do leave though). But just a few moments ago I was in a fight and everyone was there and when we finished I ported out like I always do, and I got a timer for I think it was 8-10 minutes but I don't understand why. We were all there, I stayed the entire time and we completed it and I left how I always left when finished; by porting out.
Taylor Lvl.90
Thanks

Administrator
AnnacornLuces on Apr 18, 2020 wrote:
Hello,
Okay so usually whenever I team up to help others everyone is in the fight(some people do leave though). But just a few moments ago I was in a fight and everyone was there and when we finished I ported out like I always do, and I got a timer for I think it was 8-10 minutes but I don't understand why. We were all there, I stayed the entire time and we completed it and I left how I always left when finished; by porting out.
Taylor Lvl.90
Thanks
So you had a timer for joining another match afterward, but you never actually wanted to join a second match?

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
Hello,
Taylor Lvl.90
Thanks
I guess I'm not seeing what the penalty was. If I read your post correctly, you joined a team up for a dungeon, and after you completed you ported out like normal, but you noticed you had a timer counting down? I have noticed this happens after all dungeons. You should have still gotten credit for the dungeon, you are just getting the option to return.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Something similar has happened to me in the past, too. I can only think that some dungeons or battles require that people leave through the door, before it counts. Otherwise it will count you as leaving before it is 'done,' even though the battle portion was over with. And leaving before done induces a time out penalty.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
When you join a team up and leave through the door, you always return to either the kiosk or the place where you joined. Porting out is unnecessary.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
If I recall correctly, no one else in the team up gets credit for it either, (for the badge etc.), if one person ports out or leaves early. Miles may vary. It was a while since I last did a team up.

Community Leader
Hello,
Taylor Lvl.90
Thanks
What exactly was the dungeon / instance you ported out of?
If I understood you correctly, you did one team up > completed it with everyone present > ported out > tried to join another team up but couldn't b/c of the 10min penalty.

I had this happen once when entering the main castle in Colossus Boulevard.

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Survivor
Jul 18, 2019
Cody RavenTamer on May 5, 2020 wrote:
What exactly was the dungeon / instance you ported out of?
If I understood you correctly, you did one team up > completed it with everyone present > ported out > tried to join another team up but couldn't b/c of the 10min penalty.

I had this happen once when entering the main castle in Colossus Boulevard.
It was in the haunted cave. I have always ported out when finished and gotten credit. And everyone else ports out too so I dont understand lol

Survivor
Jul 18, 2019
Sparck on Apr 20, 2020 wrote:
So you had a timer for joining another match afterward, but you never actually wanted to join a second match?
I had a timer for finishing it. And wanted to do team up again but there was a timer