Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

brand new ice wizard in need of direction!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2020
well, i'm new well sort off I've been playing wizard101 for years but have never came around to maxing a wizard. So, I've decided to make a wizard brought a membership and quest. I've decided to pick the Ice school because i like blue and I just need like a guide to the game and what's best for ice and what's not because I'm always in doubt of myself if i'm playing right of shall i do this world or not so if someone could please link me to a thread or something to help me out especially with ice wizard I've never chosen this school so if you could please tell me what is a good pet for this school and how i could acquire this pet to hatch or something that would be great! and gear wise too would be great. just a general guide also how to quest i'm just a little lost now lol so i'm looking forward to all the replies if i do get any teehee! thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment if you do. hope everyone is having a great day/afternoon/night!

Administrator
stef4n on Mar 27, 2020 wrote:
well, i'm new well sort off I've been playing wizard101 for years but have never came around to maxing a wizard. So, I've decided to make a wizard brought a membership and quest. I've decided to pick the Ice school because i like blue and I just need like a guide to the game and what's best for ice and what's not because I'm always in doubt of myself if i'm playing right of shall i do this world or not so if someone could please link me to a thread or something to help me out especially with ice wizard I've never chosen this school so if you could please tell me what is a good pet for this school and how i could acquire this pet to hatch or something that would be great! and gear wise too would be great. just a general guide also how to quest i'm just a little lost now lol so i'm looking forward to all the replies if i do get any teehee! thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment if you do. hope everyone is having a great day/afternoon/night!
Welcome veteran Wizard to the community forums! :)

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
Hi Ste4n, welcome back to the game.
In my opinion, the best pets for an ice wizard are ones that give a blade as a card. Ice doesn't get iceblade for a while at first, so that provides a handy way to buff your damage, but both your blade and a pet ice blade can be used to augment a spell. Try to train talents for critical, resist, and damage.
Some of these pets include:
  • Freezing Rain Core
  • Frosty Eye
  • Ice Class Pet
  • Ice Floe Siren
  • Icedactyl
  • Lord of Winter
  • Mountain Yeti
  • Shiverous Knight
  • Snow Beast

Dakota TitanHeart

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Welcome to ice! My max ice soloed the majority of the game, and while I did die quite a bit, I learned to tweak my gear and deck to match the battle(s). I've put a link in below to what I feel is a very good guide to the ice school.

If you're looking for a pet, check the kiosk in the pet pavilion. Tons of fantastic pets available. Look for something with spell proof and damage, and maybe a maycast heal.

Good luck with my favorite school!

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?45679-Ice-Wizard-Tips-and-Tricks

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
As mentioned before,

I agree with looking into a pet giving a possible iceblade card. This will help greatly as you will not learn this spell until level 38.

Fret not though, you can still opt to use treasures from Bazaar.

I also agree with having damage enhancing talents trained on your pet. It helps a lot, especially as an

With that being said, I will instead provide guidance on how you should possible utilize your training points.

This is what I suggest;

- Train death up to the feint spell
- You can visit this school to learn Satyr in needed (would work best with a life mastery).
- Learn spells such as Fortify and Amplify (you'll meet this in Celestia).
- All damage enchanting spells such as Tough, Strong (another Celestial School).