Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

History of astral magic

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 25, 2012
I wanted to ask what is the history of astral magic and how it was created at the begining?

Administrator
Star Gator on Feb 5, 2020 wrote:
I wanted to ask what is the history of astral magic and how it was created at the begining?
Hi Acranum Lore! There's some old but good info here that may help: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/history-of-magic-schools-8ad6a4163df549fe013e24be01a76d08

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Star Gator on Feb 5, 2020 wrote:
To put it simply the astral schools are magic that is drawn from different celestial bodies to provide more power to the primary schools of magic of life, death, balance, fire, ice, and storm.

Sun magic is meant to be focused onto one target and enhance what is already there. Like how a singular star provides life to the planet orbiting it.

Star magic creates an aura of power that enhances things like attack power and defense. This draws on the idea of ambient light affecting all things. Like how the night sky is filled with light without being close to one specific star.

Moon magic focuses on transformation, allowing a wizard to change their form and by extension, the power they wield. This is due to fact that depending how the light hits it the moon seems to change its shape.

As far as I can tell from the game's lore Astral magic has existed since the beginning due to the existence of the astral trees in the petrified forest of Husk in Empyrea.