Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The struggle for best gear

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
Hello fellow wizards

My name is Jonathan DawnHunter and I'm a level 126 Death wizard.

Currently I have 105 damage (may go down to 102 if I change athames, haven't decided yet), 45 resist overall and about 20% crit block. A bit more than 6k health as well.

I have the darkmoore gear (and a pet with 10 resist and some damage, I don't remember how much), which took a very long time to get, especially when Death is a supporting class and my "Jade" gear isn't very good.

I've seen a few options for newer gear, Cabal, Dragoon, etc. I've looked at their stats, and found out that their resist isn't as good as my darkmoore gear, and also, I don't want to invest all my wizard101 time in farming and going up crafting levels.

My question is, do you guys think I can survive the rest of empyria with my current gear?

I survived the game from level 56 until 100 with wintertusk hat and robe with random boots I found along the way. I suppose Empyria is harder than other worlds before, still, as I said, investing all this time here just for crafting and farming is not very fun in my opinion, but I also don't want to die every battle due to bad gear choices.

What do you guys think? Should I farm/craft for new gear (grandmaster crafter), or is my current gear fine for now? Would love to hear your input!

Jonathan DawnHunter
lvl 126

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
If you can, try and raise your block and resist. I soloed most of Empyrea, but I have an ice. And I died a lot. Maybe check the hatchmaking kiosk, and see if you can train a 3x damage, 2x resist pet with a may-cast heal? Empyrea is tough to solo. I've not completed it, I've just given up. But if you need help, I would be happy to quest with you.

Erin Dusk Weaver, level 130 ice

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
Snee432 on Nov 27, 2019 wrote:
If you can, try and raise your block and resist. I soloed most of Empyrea, but I have an ice. And I died a lot. Maybe check the hatchmaking kiosk, and see if you can train a 3x damage, 2x resist pet with a may-cast heal? Empyrea is tough to solo. I've not completed it, I've just given up. But if you need help, I would be happy to quest with you.

Erin Dusk Weaver, level 130 ice
But every time I look at new gear, it lacks resist which in my opinion is very important. Is giving up resist for more crit worth it?

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
JonathanDawnHunter on Nov 30, 2019 wrote:
But every time I look at new gear, it lacks resist which in my opinion is very important. Is giving up resist for more crit worth it?
If you have pips (power and shadow) and crit, you can sometimes kill before getting hit. But that's not a great way to plan things, TBH. I have a low-level death with some really good pets. Let me know if you'd like to see them and possibly hatch. Other than that, if your Darkmoor gear is working for you, stick with it. 45 global resist is pretty good, it's the critical block that might cause you problems.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Jade Gear (provided it's high enough level) actually can be really good
Spooky carnival robe also is good for death.

This provided you are a support and not offensive, Jade is a purely support based set.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
Rachel Dreamsong on Dec 2, 2019 wrote:
Jade Gear (provided it's high enough level) actually can be really good
Spooky carnival robe also is good for death.

This provided you are a support and not offensive, Jade is a purely support based set.
I don't support all the time, only when I team up. I mostly solo