Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm v.s Life?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 16, 2018
Hey, so just a quick and hopefully an easily answerable question...

I've been playing Wizard101 off an on for quite a while, the only issue is that with every school I've done so far, I just lose interest around level 30. The only schools I haven't done are Life and Storm. What would be the best school to keep things interesting in the long run?

I should mention that I mainly solo pve, but am attracted a bit more to the storm school because of high damage and hard hitting when I get tempest

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
Okay, so I'm what's known as a perpetual re-roller. I get to about Dragonspyre, or the Moo world, and I tend to want to play a new character, so I've tried just about every school at this point. Right now I'm playing a Life character, and I'm in Krokatopia. Now, I say this - just as a forewarning - that I have the new Life area attack spell from the Grizzleheim Pack... but I'm enjoying my Life wizard thoroughly this time around. The thing that keeps me away from my Storm is that she's made of glass at the lower levels. It's not so much the fizzles that get me - but I know from experience (having done a Storm before) that once you get Tempest, you're golden.

I'm also a solo PvE. Storm was tempting to me this character - but I ended up with a Life instead because of her ability to heal herself.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2018
Hi! I have played both of those types to around level 30, so hopefully this helps. Here are 3 pros and 3 cons I have experienced for each.

Life~

Pros:
- lots of healing spells, good for bosses that take more time to defeat, and for duels where other wizards are helping you so you can keep them alive to attack, etc.Good to play as with others.
- relatively high accuracy, aka fewer fizzles
- a lot of potential for strategies using power ups
Cons:
- somewhat limited or weak attacks
- especially challenging to solo dungeons
- using saved up pips to heal, and then start saving all over again to actually use the attack

Storm~

Pros:
- Strong attacks
- Good for solo dungeons and teaming up to help others
- learned cards from storm school are visually impressive and fun
Cons:
- high fizzle rate
- generally lower health than other schools
- strong attacks require more pips, so you must plan your battles

Both are fun, so when it comes down to it, it depends on what the most important aspects of game-play are to you.

Best of luck!
Hannah Stormsong, 67