Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Estimated Lore Spell Drop Chance.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2015
Since the Grizzlehiem Lore Pack came out, I have been opening the pack constantly. In those openings, I got two spells. I opened the pack 237 times. If we use this as an estimate for the drop chance of Lore Spells from packs is less than one percent. My personal chance from this was a rounded 0.84% chance. Since the drop rate has not changed, every time a person got a spell from a pack, it was less than a 1/100 chance.

I would love to have a more accurate percentage. So if people have been spending crowns on packs, do the math and see what percentage you get. We may be able to get closer to a final drop chance.

Administrator
Gallaer on Aug 18, 2019 wrote:
Since the Grizzlehiem Lore Pack came out, I have been opening the pack constantly. In those openings, I got two spells. I opened the pack 237 times. If we use this as an estimate for the drop chance of Lore Spells from packs is less than one percent. My personal chance from this was a rounded 0.84% chance. Since the drop rate has not changed, every time a person got a spell from a pack, it was less than a 1/100 chance.

I would love to have a more accurate percentage. So if people have been spending crowns on packs, do the math and see what percentage you get. We may be able to get closer to a final drop chance.
You are free to calculate drop rates of course, but just to be clear, we haven't changed them for this pack. Any thought that drop rates are worse for certain items is a perception issue (or something's broken, but only if something isn't dropping for anyone at all).

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
Sparck on Aug 19, 2019 wrote:
You are free to calculate drop rates of course, but just to be clear, we haven't changed them for this pack. Any thought that drop rates are worse for certain items is a perception issue (or something's broken, but only if something isn't dropping for anyone at all).
If the old packs are going away... would that mean loremaster herself will no longer drop the spells or be craftable?

Defender
Aug 01, 2014
The Storm King on Aug 20, 2019 wrote:
If the old packs are going away... would that mean loremaster herself will no longer drop the spells or be craftable?
No, they will stay craftable and droppable but you will be unable to receive them from packs.