Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard and Pirate

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2015
After completing Pirate101 over a year ago, many story elements overlap with Wizard’s. You start the game as an orphaned Pirate in the grasp of the game’s main protagonists, The Armada and their leader, Kane. Once escaping with the help of two pirates, Boochbeard and Mr. Gandry, both of which don’t appear later in the game after the tutorial besides as hint guides and such. You are dropped off at Skull Island’s main island, Skull Island. Your goal by the end of the game is to take down the Armada.
What is interesting about the game is the many parallels to Wizard. Starting as early as one of the first main areas in the game. Just like W101 you reach a section early on where you split into three different areas. In one of them you go down a cave and come out on top to an Aztecan Civilization where they mentioned the “Shadow Queen”; Morganthe, has started to take effect in wherever they are. So we know that by this point, Pirate is connected to Wizard in someway. Later in the game, you go to the World of Valencia by taking a path through Dragonspyre. Dragonspyre here is completely gone with nothing left except some bone drakes, floating chunks of the base land, and really bad weather conditions. I assume at this point this is an alternate Spiral where we as our Wizard never come. The Great Titan Dragon destroyed Dragonspyre entirely with Malistare’s attempts at resurrecting Sylvia. This in turn also shows effect in two other worlds, Mooshu and Marleybone where both the Emperor is still dead asleep and Meowiarty got himself purposely put in jail to protect himself from The Armada and he knows he can escape any time he wants. People may ask where we are if we aren’t saving the Spiral in Wizard if Pirate is destroyed and the answer is simple.
The moment you create a new character in Wizard101, Ambrose and Gamma are talking and this is their exchange
Ambrose: “A young Wizard! A student with amazing potential… enough, perhaps, to save Wizard City!”
Gamma: “Oh really? Where?” Ambrose: “A very, very distant realm...My goodness! On a world that does not even believe in magic!”
We can assume from this exchange that first, they have been looking for a great while for someone to save the Spiral from a threat. Second, by Ambrose’s last lines, we can assume we as the player are being transported to the Spiral as we exist far outside it; Earth.
In Wizard, during the Five Boxes Event, you get transported to Skull Island where you meet Boochbeard and Mr. Gandry. This proves that the worlds do exist with each other.
This leaves one question, where is The Armada in Wizard?

Survivor
Dec 28, 2012
While I like to post on the Wiz forums and do enjoy the game from time to time, Pirate101 is my true love. I have 6 max pirates and know quite a bit about the lore, and I think I can answer some of these questions for you.

Firstly, Blind Mew/The Curator/Sam Johnson has stated in the past that Wizard101 and Pirate101 occur at *roughly* the same time. (For more information on this, here's a large post I made on the Pirate101 forum about the timeline. Of course, spoilers for both Pirate and Wizard https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-tavern/wizard101-and-pirate101-timeline-theory-8ad6a42b68cc74e50168d9e2c83564fb/8ad6a42468cc74ea0168e27edabc6b9d )

The events in Skull Island where our pirate crosses with the Aztecasaurs can be explained by saying that those Aztecasaurs were fleeing *in preparation* for the arrival of the Shadow Queen. If we line up the two time lines, it is impossible for Morganthe to have already destroyed Azteca.

As for Dragonspyre/Avernus, you are correct in saying that what we see in Pirate is likely a remnant of what Dragonspyre once was. We are on the outskirts of all that remains of a once great world in Pirate101. Sam Johnson has said that he wants to expand upon Dragonspyre in Pirate later, however, with the state of Pirate101's development, I cannot see this happening anytime soon.

As for where the Armada are during the time of Wizard101, this can be explained by the wonderful timeline. I'll be heavily referencing the timeline post cited above in this paragraph, so if something is confusing you, check that.

Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Dragonspyre, Celestia, and Zafaria all do not contain map pieces that Kane would want to go after. Mooshu does contain a map piece held by Egg Foo Yung, however, considering his ties to the Yakooza clan, he will likely want to avoid General Tso and the Imperial Skyway, as he likely has quite the bounty on his head. Thus, Kane would have no reason to interact with Imperial Skyway, which is where Wizard101 Mooshu takes place. By the end of Zafaria, based on the alignment of the timelines, it can be almost certainly assumed that Kane is dead, and thus there is no longer a push for the armada to search for map pieces.

I hope this helped!