Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Interactive furniture (but appropriate)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
Hello fellow players! I'm aware that furniture is no longer interactive because of past inappropriate use (at least this is what another player has told me; either this is what happened, or this is KI's potential fear). I had an idea that makes furniture more than just decorative while maintaining appropriate gameplay. I've been playing for 8 years and I'd love to see this happen one day.

Interactive instruments don't let multiple players use it at the same time, right? If someone's using it already and you try to as well, a notification will say, "(so and so) is using it right now, please try again later" or something along those lines. Why not make furniture (at least seats and beds) functional as 1-person-at-a-time, like the instruments?

For example, I'm an active decorator myself, and in my royal playhouse I've decorated it as an Ice School. If I'm role playing with my friends... they're just standing in front of their desks awkwardly, and the teacher is as well. Again, it's just awkward.

I know I'm not the only one who wishes for interactive furniture, even players who don't devote a lot of time to decorating wish for this option as well. Please, reply with your opinion or any additional ideas about this. After enough complaining we finally got the magic mirror store, now let's make interactive furniture happen :)

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
We saw the reintroduction of interactive furniture from the furniture packs available from the crown shop and also the Valentine's Day Table.

That being said, it is no doubt that KI has a few more tricks up its sleeve and making and implemented newly designed and interactive furniture! Definitely.

Also, ways exist in which one can control the design and use of the table also.

And, to KI, remember if you ever get stuck on something, just ask!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
icemaster95z on Jul 5, 2019 wrote:
Hello fellow players! I'm aware that furniture is no longer interactive because of past inappropriate use (at least this is what another player has told me; either this is what happened, or this is KI's potential fear). I had an idea that makes furniture more than just decorative while maintaining appropriate gameplay. I've been playing for 8 years and I'd love to see this happen one day.

Interactive instruments don't let multiple players use it at the same time, right? If someone's using it already and you try to as well, a notification will say, "(so and so) is using it right now, please try again later" or something along those lines. Why not make furniture (at least seats and beds) functional as 1-person-at-a-time, like the instruments?

For example, I'm an active decorator myself, and in my royal playhouse I've decorated it as an Ice School. If I'm role playing with my friends... they're just standing in front of their desks awkwardly, and the teacher is as well. Again, it's just awkward.

I know I'm not the only one who wishes for interactive furniture, even players who don't devote a lot of time to decorating wish for this option as well. Please, reply with your opinion or any additional ideas about this. After enough complaining we finally got the magic mirror store, now let's make interactive furniture happen :)
KI recently introduced The Friendship Table which is interactive for up to 4 players to sit together. It's really cool and I'm hopeful it is the first of many interactive items or changing our wizards to be able to sit places

I'm definitely onboard for more interactive furniture...I am seriously hopeful for jumping on the bed to be a possibility one day too

It would be fun to be able to go to a stove and see our wizards animate stirring a pot or chopping things, or going to a bookcase and having a look through a book...sitting is definitely a great starting point but I think the creative possibilities are endless

I love that KI seem to be exploring this concept and I'm really looking forward to seeing what new things they introduce

What other ideas do you have? I hope other players will also add their ideas too

Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Jul 5, 2019 wrote:
KI recently introduced The Friendship Table which is interactive for up to 4 players to sit together. It's really cool and I'm hopeful it is the first of many interactive items or changing our wizards to be able to sit places

I'm definitely onboard for more interactive furniture...I am seriously hopeful for jumping on the bed to be a possibility one day too

It would be fun to be able to go to a stove and see our wizards animate stirring a pot or chopping things, or going to a bookcase and having a look through a book...sitting is definitely a great starting point but I think the creative possibilities are endless

I love that KI seem to be exploring this concept and I'm really looking forward to seeing what new things they introduce

What other ideas do you have? I hope other players will also add their ideas too
Embarrassingly, I must admit that I haven't been on the game since the 2018 fall quarter started due to a busy schedule. I must have missed this update! :( I only recently rejoined Wizard101.

I agree! I'd love to see some cooking emotes, along with perhaps baking or eating at a table. And with recreational devices maybe wizards can paint on an easel, or press down on the keys of a piano (the unplayable ones sold in MB). Perhaps new housing items can be added that come with interactive abilities, like new instruments or maybe sports. Hahaha this makes me think of the Sims a bit.

As it appears this movement has already started, I'm very excited to see what comes in the future. Thank you for updating me! :)