Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ball and chain Observations.

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I am pleased with this mount!

Very affordable!
A wonderful thing to gift to beggars who want a mount!

-60% speed allows one to view the scenery, though it doesn't feel like less than half walking speed, which is nice.
The ball and chain prevents you from jumping higher than the length of its chain, only one foot really leaves the ground and your arms flop around. The idle animation has you tug at the chain then hunch your back in despair.

The pose when walking is dispirited, like a prisoner might walk. It would also work as a zombie walk, it probably works well with the Halloween set.
I get the impression that the original model must have had arm chains, why else hold your hands out like that? That would also explain why it hides your weapon.

I did let it wander around my house. It moves like an inch worm. The ball and chain moves much faster by itself than when you are wearing it. I got the impression that when I put it on I was slowing it down, instead of the opposite.

I would like a ragged outfit to go with it though, torn with large patches. If it could be dyed with the patches as the trim color. A traditional black and white stripped outfit with a pillbox hat would do also.

A version of the ball and chain with an arm chain would be nice, since the animation accommodates it.

Other observations, uses, or ideas?

edit: I just saw the swimming animation you swim but the ball drags along the ground. You can jump but you gain no height as the ball never leaves the ground. The idle animation has you tug at the chain but it is more subtle than on land.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
wildflower43 on Apr 25, 2019 wrote:
Where are you finding this mount?
The Ball N' Chain is an April Fool's mount released in 2018. You just missed the opportunity to get one, sadly. The went just last Sunday.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
It must have been offered with the other April fools mounts. I don't think it was part of mountapalooza because it wasn't on sale. It was just so slow that it only cost 1750 crowns. I didn't realize that it wasn't a permanent addition to the crowns shop. I guess my post was rather late,