Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How To Function: Death Wizard P1

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2015
Hey ya'll, I'm new to the posting thing, but lets get to it!
Let's face it, being a death wizard in w101 is frustrating. We don't have a good mass DoT spell, or an all target attack until we get scarecrow, or avenging fossil. All the split attack/heal spells are weaker than normal spells, and it's annoying because battles are so long, and pvp as a death is frustrating.

The best thing, I know off is to get a secondary school: Fire or Storm, and use those if you want to be a good attacker, and then use your own spells for heals, attacks as well. If you want to be a Jaded Death, or what I like to call an Onyx, go with life and death, get good healing gear, and fill your deck with heals and split attack/heal spells.

WHEN FIGHTING MINIONS: Make sure you got a good pet too! Now, if you don't have a secondary school, or don't have a mastery, here's what to do: Get to crow ASAP, and if your not there yet, and are struggling, farm with friends. Once you have crow, set up your deck with at least one crow, one blade for each crow, a feint for each target, and a death trap. Also try to get the mass feint from the Dworgen's hat in the Professor's Hoard pack. Then put in one or two heals, and the biggest increase damage enchant you have for each scarecrow. Set them up on the targets, and then attack. As you level make sure you add more blades or traps, have good damage, and critical. DON'T FORGET TO ADD A SOME RESHUFFLES IN CASE YOU DON'T KILL!

I'm currently working on the boss setup because my friend just made me one that I can work will and actually do bosses with, so once I understand that more I'll do a post on that.

Thanks for reading my fellow Death Wizards!

Sincerly, The Death Healer, Scarlet GhostWhisper

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Hi there,

Consider crafting deer knight- It's an AoE DoT that deals more damage than scarecrow for less pips. This will help you immensely. At the lower levels a colosafrog item card from the gloomy eye pet will serve you well.

If you want to go the mastery amulet route I actually do not recommend storm or fire as a secondary. Storm offers no AoE that death can train until lvl 100 by which time you should have crafted Deer Knight and also acquired Call of Khurulu. Fire does offer meteor but it is only 75% accuracy. If you are going to use a mastery amulet for earlier levels I recommend myth as humongofrog is an AoE with 80% accuracy that also can be buffed at the same time as your death attacks if you use spirit blades/spirit traps.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Gee, how have I been so successful when the Death school is so bad? I solo a lot. Don't really need those AoEs until you get to those upper levels, I did most of Khrysalis with just Scarecrow and Dr. Von.
Avenging Fossil isn't that good anyway.
Sabrina Shade level 130

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I really love the hit/heals in death school...there is something awesome about being able to kill, suck the life from them and use it to heal all in the last round of battle

I admit I did go through a lot of scarecrow TC, which I got in abundance from Deadly Helephant Ears that I was growing for their other drops...until I got lucky on deer knight. I loved the fact I'd end a battle on full health and ready to jump right into the next one though

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome to the Message Boards!

Eric made some valid points.

I concur with him. I don't think using an elemental school as a secondary school is best. In fact, I actually don't necessarily recommend you waste training points training spells that will serve you no good while you're in the later stages in the game such as Avalon, Azteca and the worlds coming thereafter.

If you must use a mastery, myth is good while using Hummongofrog treasures as opposed to training points just to learn a spell you will not be using heavily in the later stages.

Deer Knight is a very excellent spell all necromancers should know. I still use it as a max death and will continue to since it is that versatile and useful.

Call of Khrulhu is also excellent once learnt.

Reshuffles isn't something I usually recommend either. If your primary attack fails to kill, it should at least leave a huge dent so you can finish up with an enchanted Banshee or a spell of that manner.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Your play style may vary from mine, but this is my thought process on reshuffle.

I don't train reshuffle because:

Trained uses more pips than TC
TC reshuffle is easily available at all levels from Wiz City Library
I don't want it clogging up my main deck
I rarely use it

My main use for reshuffle is peace of mind lol

My wizards usually carry one 'emergency reshuffle' TC in their side deck.

Although I rarely have to use it up, I essentially use it every single battle. By knowing it is there I don't need to worry about making mistakes because I can always reshuffle and continue. I also feel very patient and calm if anyone else does something that alters the way I expected the battle to go or jumps in to the battle ring after I've hit. I prefer my attention to be on saying hi and having a nice wee chat with them rather than fretting over how to defeat the mob they just brought after I used my last hit

Anyway, I thought you might like to hear how I use reshuffle and why I use the TC version. It may or may not be helpful for your game play style or for PvP, but it might at least be food for thought

Administrator
The Death Healer on Apr 22, 2019 wrote:
Hey ya'll, I'm new to the posting thing, but lets get to it!
Let's face it, being a death wizard in w101 is frustrating. We don't have a good mass DoT spell, or an all target attack until we get scarecrow, or avenging fossil. All the split attack/heal spells are weaker than normal spells, and it's annoying because battles are so long, and pvp as a death is frustrating.

The best thing, I know off is to get a secondary school: Fire or Storm, and use those if you want to be a good attacker, and then use your own spells for heals, attacks as well. If you want to be a Jaded Death, or what I like to call an Onyx, go with life and death, get good healing gear, and fill your deck with heals and split attack/heal spells.

WHEN FIGHTING MINIONS: Make sure you got a good pet too! Now, if you don't have a secondary school, or don't have a mastery, here's what to do: Get to crow ASAP, and if your not there yet, and are struggling, farm with friends. Once you have crow, set up your deck with at least one crow, one blade for each crow, a feint for each target, and a death trap. Also try to get the mass feint from the Dworgen's hat in the Professor's Hoard pack. Then put in one or two heals, and the biggest increase damage enchant you have for each scarecrow. Set them up on the targets, and then attack. As you level make sure you add more blades or traps, have good damage, and critical. DON'T FORGET TO ADD A SOME RESHUFFLES IN CASE YOU DON'T KILL!

I'm currently working on the boss setup because my friend just made me one that I can work will and actually do bosses with, so once I understand that more I'll do a post on that.

Thanks for reading my fellow Death Wizards!

Sincerly, The Death Healer, Scarlet GhostWhisper
Greetings Scarlet, welcome to the Wizard101 forums!