Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Long planters

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
So, I got two long planters from Farly's gardening packs. They looked long enough to plant at least Three seeds into, however I could only plant one seed in each and only in the center of the planter. I tried using seeds I had multiples of, yet the additional seeds remained red and wouldn't place. I thought well maybe the single seed would sprout into three plants and fill up the planter. No it is just one mature plant with quite a lot of empty space on the left and the right.

I figure I am using the planters wrong, I just can't find any information about how to use them properly. I mean they can't be for single plants, otherwise I would just use small individual pots and plant three seeds in the same amount of space.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
they are for three plants. Maybe you maxed out in the amount of things you can put down. Next time you try to set a plant in the planter, look at the message bar on the bottom of the screen.
I have had this happen to me. Or try to use the PLANT ALL spell. It should tell you also, if this is the problem.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Zebulous Newt on Mar 26, 2019 wrote:
So, I got two long planters from Farly's gardening packs. They looked long enough to plant at least Three seeds into, however I could only plant one seed in each and only in the center of the planter. I tried using seeds I had multiples of, yet the additional seeds remained red and wouldn't place. I thought well maybe the single seed would sprout into three plants and fill up the planter. No it is just one mature plant with quite a lot of empty space on the left and the right.

I figure I am using the planters wrong, I just can't find any information about how to use them properly. I mean they can't be for single plants, otherwise I would just use small individual pots and plant three seeds in the same amount of space.
Yes, they should hold 3 plants. IDK what's up with them but they have seemed a bit buggy from the start, especially the bejeweled ones but I think the others too. I tried using them again just recently and found they were still failing to take the seeds correctly. I gave up and went back to single pots. It's a shame not to be able to use them properly though as they're very pretty and could look lovely throughout a home or garden. Perhaps we need to mention this in the Halston's Lab section of the forum to see if KI could put it on their bug list to look into further?

The silver lining is that you're not doing anything wrong...but I guess that's not really much consolation! Let's see if we can get a fix on this!