Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

game play

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 26, 2013
Just to let this game know, that empyrea part 2 is to hard to play. I have four wizards. Only one has reached the end, and cannot even do the side quests. The others are to weak to play. I know some of your game players said that your game was to easy and you should make it harder, but I think you should have thought about other players. All your bosses and minions block critical, even in side quests, some have one hundred percent blades, they all go critical on you. A lot of wizards do not have blocks or a good healing pet, or a good damage pet . Some don't craft the gear because they don't start crafting in the beginning. Some just don't know how to do certain dungeons to get the gear or can do the dungeons. Some can't afford to buy certain gear from your crowns shop. I only play one wizard and that is to help lower level people in the kiosk or friends in certain dungeons. I never do empyrea anymore. I really wish you would have thought about us players who could not be as good as the others. I would never be able to do your other world if you make it.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
alia550 on Mar 11, 2019 wrote:
Just to let this game know, that empyrea part 2 is to hard to play. I have four wizards. Only one has reached the end, and cannot even do the side quests. The others are to weak to play. I know some of your game players said that your game was to easy and you should make it harder, but I think you should have thought about other players. All your bosses and minions block critical, even in side quests, some have one hundred percent blades, they all go critical on you. A lot of wizards do not have blocks or a good healing pet, or a good damage pet . Some don't craft the gear because they don't start crafting in the beginning. Some just don't know how to do certain dungeons to get the gear or can do the dungeons. Some can't afford to buy certain gear from your crowns shop. I only play one wizard and that is to help lower level people in the kiosk or friends in certain dungeons. I never do empyrea anymore. I really wish you would have thought about us players who could not be as good as the others. I would never be able to do your other world if you make it.
You know what, I still do not understand how people get to level 130 with 11 resist and 60 damage, it just should not happen, why do you think you should succeed at a game you can not be bothered to learn how to play?

I personally found Empyrea part 2 fairly boring and i soloed most of it on my myth except the husk. I have never seen another game where people think they do not have to be good to "win"

Defender
May 30, 2010
Hi alia. Yes Part 2 is very hard but I would recomed that you go to secret Tunnel and farm the 125 gear for all you others characters. The hat and shoes are one of the best in the game. (I would not recommed get the rode) The rode can either can be the Rattlebones rode from the duels (If you can find people to do it with you. It can be drop in Mirror Lake or brought) or the Darkmoor rode from Mailstair the undeading. For the pet I would have either have a triple double or a pet with defense like proof. If you need a pet like that for life, I do have a kookarbura that is just for that. The Koisk can be use for all of these since a lot of people have almost to pefect pets. For the Amulet,I like the Morganthe one since it comes with two of your school blades. For the ring, I would do Minic, this is a gold key boss but a lot of people like to farm it. For theAthame, I would recomed the one that the plant in Darkmoor drops (If you can find a good team) or the first boss in Darkmoor Part 3 (aka the graveyard).

It can be hard sometimes but you can work through it.
Also if you have not do some garden as Couch Potatos and Evil Mana Peas drop very good for snacks and gold

Defender
May 30, 2010
Jasmine3429 on Mar 11, 2019 wrote:
You know what, I still do not understand how people get to level 130 with 11 resist and 60 damage, it just should not happen, why do you think you should succeed at a game you can not be bothered to learn how to play?

I personally found Empyrea part 2 fairly boring and i soloed most of it on my myth except the husk. I have never seen another game where people think they do not have to be good to "win"
Same. I have meet these people in Beastman Fight Club when I was doing it for 100. They would take a long time to hit and keep die since they could not kill Adrok and the death (The ones that kill the most (We will lost in all of them)). Like there are so many guides on how to get good gear and it will give you 5 different choice all. All the need to do is type into google and type Best fire gear for wizard101.
Swordroll has a very good guide but sadly it has not be updated since level 120. But Most of the gear is the same for 130 but for the possible hat and shoes because 130 hat and shoes are better (for some school)

These people are the reason why Mirage was make easier. It was actual a hard world and I and many other enjoy it but because people do not like to use shields and have weak resist, they had make it easier.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
What I see you attempting to do here is to justify your reason for having a difficult time through the latter part of the game because of just a lack of preparation.

If you've an upcoming test, you study to efforts to pass/do well.

You don't study, then, you may fail.

The game and it's content can be looked at like this in a similar way.

You've to prepare (getting gear, pets etc) all of which do not require crowns or anything of that matter in order to do well at the game (pass the test).

Making excuses for lack of preparation is no excuse at all.

While I can understand the difficulty that may arise in preparing (learning gameplay, pet raising etc) it is not impossible.

Also, the game provides many avenues in which he/she can prepare for the upcoming tests (mobs/bosses/worlds etc.)

So, I advise that you spend some more time preparing (can't expect everything to fall easily into your laps) before attempting the next series of tests.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
We can also provide you guidelines as already displayed above on how to "prepare."

But arguing about the difficulty of the test will not suffice.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Don't pay attention to rudeness. The game is for everyone to play with the playstyle they're comfortable with; Hardcore and casual, soloing or team questing. If you really didn't know how to play, you wouldn't be where you are now with all your wizards. I'm sure there's others having a hard time getting through empyrea part 2. It doesn't mean they're doing wrong. It mean Kingsisle is desighning higher level worlds more of teamplaying. However some people can manage to go solo perhaps with minor difficulties but thats them. I have a feeling emyrea part 2 will be nerfed in time like all the worlds were so everyone can get throught it. In the mean time try to find ways to get all your Wzards pass part 2 Deck setting , up to date gear and pet with the traits you're looking for and perhaps adjust strategy. All that does help. If you choose to have someone quest with you. find someone who's a teamplayer not one who bashes your gameplay.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Jasmine3429 on Mar 11, 2019 wrote:

" Why do you think you should succeed at a game you can not be bothered to learn how to play." Excuse me. Don't you think what you said was rude? Maybe he is trying. From how you worded your post, are you saying people don't know how to play or shouldn't play If they're not good enough for your expections? Is this game just for the best top players and hardcore only? It is not. In my opinion Would it be fair for me to say if Wizard101 is boring to you then perhaps you shouldn't play? It is not. Everyone is different. Wizard101 is designed for everyone with different playstye; hardcore and casual play. Not just for the better and/ or soloing. People getting to level 130 with 11 resist and 60 damage is a good question to ask them. Are they really?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I think sometimes adult and older players forget that this is supposed to be achieveable as a 10 year old with menu chat and restricted access to external sites. If Alia550 (an established player with mutiple wizards and access to online resources) is finding main storyline quests 'too hard to play' we should be taking a closer look at it and consider whether changes are needed for our diverse playerbase.

Sure, we can offer solutions and advice to the individual and yes, some of those young menu chat players will see it...but if main quests become 'too hard' to achieve without looking beyond the game itself there will undoubtedly be disappointed and frustrated kids who give up and move on to other games instead. This affects the entire community and the game. This matters!

When Darkmoor came out there were a lot of shout of it being 'too hard'...but it was NOT a main quest and although it was required for the spell (which made it somewhat controversial) it only had to be done once to achieve it...and it was possible with ANY combo of wizards in the team.

I can only imagine the frustration of a dedicated wizard reaching Storm Titan and repeatedly failing because they can not communicate effectively enough for the demands and struggle to find a team who won't leave immediately on seeing their chat level. IDK what chat level Alia550 has but if it is menu chat we need to listen, if it's not we need to listen even more!

Inclusivity means listening to those who are not sailing through things with ease, learning things online to enhance their strategy, and fortunate enough to have a multitude of high level friends to call upon when they need a team...we need to listen to those who are struggling and those who feel disheartened and see what needs to be done to enable them to progress and continue to enjoy their favourite game.

Leave no wizard behind...and everyone must get drops!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on Mar 13, 2019 wrote:
" Why do you think you should succeed at a game you can not be bothered to learn how to play." Excuse me. Don't you think what you said was rude? Maybe he is trying. From how you worded your post, are you saying people don't know how to play or shouldn't play If they're not good enough for your expections? Is this game just for the best top players and hardcore only? It is not. In my opinion Would it be fair for me to say if Wizard101 is boring to you then perhaps you shouldn't play? It is not. Everyone is different. Wizard101 is designed for everyone with different playstye; hardcore and casual play. Not just for the better and/ or soloing. People getting to level 130 with 11 resist and 60 damage is a good question to ask them. Are they really?
Just the fact that people get to level 130 with 11 resist and 60 damage, tells me the game is already too easy, so yes it was rude, but tired of people making KI dumb down the game so they can breeze through it without even thinking. Its a game, a game is to be learned and mastered, otherwise it is not a really a game is it?

Defender
May 30, 2010
Don't pay attention to rudeness. The game is for everyone to play with the playstyle they're comfortable with; Hardcore and casual, soloing or team questing. If you really didn't know how to play, you wouldn't be where you are now with all your wizards. I'm sure there's others having a hard time getting through empyrea part 2. It doesn't mean they're doing wrong. It mean Kingsisle is desighning higher level worlds more of teamplaying. However some people can manage to go solo perhaps with minor difficulties but thats them. I have a feeling emyrea part 2 will be nerfed in time like all the worlds were so everyone can get throught it. In the mean time try to find ways to get all your Wzards pass part 2 Deck setting , up to date gear and pet with the traits you're looking for and perhaps adjust strategy. All that does help. If you choose to have someone quest with you. find someone who's a teamplayer not one who bashes your gameplay.
Well I am sorry that I do not want play with someone who does not have good gear and continues to dies because they do not want to farm. I try to guide and there is a millions of guides for maxed wiz gear. Guides that give you like 5 choices that are the 5 top best. Like Edward say you will have to prepare for a test otherwise you might fail. These people who do not farm make harder for fights like Medulla, Storm titan, and fight club. Fights that can kill you very very fast and my life might not able to heal you every round so we rely on their defence. If they defence is low it is very hard to keep these people alive.

Again I am not bashing but without prepare you might fail.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Jasmine3429 on Mar 13, 2019 wrote:
Just the fact that people get to level 130 with 11 resist and 60 damage, tells me the game is already too easy, so yes it was rude, but tired of people making KI dumb down the game so they can breeze through it without even thinking. Its a game, a game is to be learned and mastered, otherwise it is not a really a game is it?
To answer your question, everyone has there own interpretation; what is a game and it's purpose. There's really no right or wrong answer as long as people follow the rules. A game is to be learned and masterd is one interpertation. Some interpert the game as a roll of a dice and see how much damage they can do for a defeat before their wizard is defeated. Just give me a sword or wand, i'll slice a dice then move on to the next, see how far I get before i get defeated, lets keep score without too much thinking and i'll be happy. While others interpret the game as a slow pace deep thinking strategy role playing adventure with challanges a long the way. Etc... . Whatever makes the person have fun, is a game. I'm still curious about the 130 with 11 resist and 60 damage. I think there's more involved to that than the game bing too easy or maybe someone is pulling your leg

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
God life wizard on Mar 13, 2019 wrote:
Well I am sorry that I do not want play with someone who does not have good gear and continues to dies because they do not want to farm. I try to guide and there is a millions of guides for maxed wiz gear. Guides that give you like 5 choices that are the 5 top best. Like Edward say you will have to prepare for a test otherwise you might fail. These people who do not farm make harder for fights like Medulla, Storm titan, and fight club. Fights that can kill you very very fast and my life might not able to heal you every round so we rely on their defence. If they defence is low it is very hard to keep these people alive.

Again I am not bashing but without prepare you might fail.
I didn't think you were bashing and I was not finger pointing you. You're good! I was talking about no name people When I quoted alia550.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Victoria FireHeart on Mar 13, 2019 wrote:
I think sometimes adult and older players forget that this is supposed to be achieveable as a 10 year old with menu chat and restricted access to external sites. If Alia550 (an established player with mutiple wizards and access to online resources) is finding main storyline quests 'too hard to play' we should be taking a closer look at it and consider whether changes are needed for our diverse playerbase.

Sure, we can offer solutions and advice to the individual and yes, some of those young menu chat players will see it...but if main quests become 'too hard' to achieve without looking beyond the game itself there will undoubtedly be disappointed and frustrated kids who give up and move on to other games instead. This affects the entire community and the game. This matters!

When Darkmoor came out there were a lot of shout of it being 'too hard'...but it was NOT a main quest and although it was required for the spell (which made it somewhat controversial) it only had to be done once to achieve it...and it was possible with ANY combo of wizards in the team.

I can only imagine the frustration of a dedicated wizard reaching Storm Titan and repeatedly failing because they can not communicate effectively enough for the demands and struggle to find a team who won't leave immediately on seeing their chat level. IDK what chat level Alia550 has but if it is menu chat we need to listen, if it's not we need to listen even more!

Inclusivity means listening to those who are not sailing through things with ease, learning things online to enhance their strategy, and fortunate enough to have a multitude of high level friends to call upon when they need a team...we need to listen to those who are struggling and those who feel disheartened and see what needs to be done to enable them to progress and continue to enjoy their favourite game.

Leave no wizard behind...and everyone must get drops!
Well said I agree 100%

Survivor
Mar 16, 2014
now this is basic game mechanics but I think that someone should change what is said in the star school tab. it says "The star school is focused around a new type of magic called Auras. Auras are magical energy that surround and protect or strengthen the Wizard. Auras are unique and different from other magic in that they can't be stacked, broken, or dispelled but they will disappear over time." now I don't know if that's intentional but something about it needs to be changed. I'm 100% sure that all balance players bypass that as well as a few bosses.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
This is from direct observation, I did 100 beastie runs, about 95 of those were with randoms, this is not counting the fails where people just left. I am somewhere in the 70's on Medulla, I did duo a few but got tired, so the majority of those again were with randoms. II have about 80 Tridents under my belt as well.

I generally check peoples gear to see what they can contribute and/or how tough it will be for me to keep them alive, and I have seen these stats often. Let me stress that I do not abandon these people, I just try to make it all work.

Especially recently, KI has made a real effort to make gear and pets more accessible to the masses, so its hard for me to comprehend why people do not take advantage of this.

Let me say, that regardless of gear or pets you can have a successful run if people communicate as a team, this is by far the biggest issue in game. When people team up, then just go about doing their own thing it never ends well.

So for those finding things tough, be sure to talk to your team, try to formulate some plan. There is a guide for almost anything out there these days, do take advantage of that. You do not need perfect pets or gear to succeed, just a high level of team work, which again is all about communication and everyone doing their part. i.e. If someone asks you to blade, do not stuff up your deck with heals or shields or what have you. They asked this for a reason, and the sooner they get those blades, the sooner the battle is done and the less likely the team is getting wiped out.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Hmmm

"why do you think you should succeed at a game you can not be bothered to learn how to play?"

That is an awfully condescending statement.

Not everyone has the time to watch hours of YouTube videos on how to maximize your gear/stats. Some young wizards are spending what little extra time they have on the game.

Let's look at from this viewpoint. Brand New Wizard Alan AddleFlame sees the game and decides to try it out. After playing for an hour Alan decides he's got the hang of the game and decides to continue. The rules are straight forward. Game play isn't complicated and he continues.

As Alan continues to play he discovers that you get new gear and eventual figures out how to change it up. (It took me a month of gameplay when I first started to realize that I COULD switch gear. I was Krokotopia with the same basic gear you start out with). Then Alan learns from the disparaging comments from others that his gear is not the best. How does he get the best gear? He buys what's available in the Bazaar or equips what he gets. And instead of trying to help a new player, other wizards mock him. Alan leaves to find a game where he can play without being mocked.

Heck, I didn't even realize that gear made THAT much importance in how you damage until last summer. I'm fortunate. I have a questing partner who has taken the time to teach me how and where to get the best gear. She has guided me through tough dungeons.

If you come across a wizard who seems to be lacking in the gear department, rather than mock or insult, try to see what pointers you can give them.

Maybe they don't understand that sometimes you have to repeat a battle (again, and again, and again) in order to get better gear. Maybe they need to be politely taught some of the finer battle points that aren't covered in any of the tutorials.

I lucked out. My mentor is great.

Trying being wizard mentor and maybe the wizard you just insulted will be a better player because of it.

Just my two cents
Steven Ghoststalker

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
My used-to-be max wizard is stuck in Empyrea part one just before a big huge battle. Tried it with henchmen and lost. It's one of those must have a team and an excellent strategy type of battles.

Probably why I haven't been in the spiral much.

It's too hard to find people who can help with stuff like that.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
God life wizard on Mar 11, 2019 wrote:
Same. I have meet these people in Beastman Fight Club when I was doing it for 100. They would take a long time to hit and keep die since they could not kill Adrok and the death (The ones that kill the most (We will lost in all of them)). Like there are so many guides on how to get good gear and it will give you 5 different choice all. All the need to do is type into google and type Best fire gear for wizard101.
Swordroll has a very good guide but sadly it has not be updated since level 120. But Most of the gear is the same for 130 but for the possible hat and shoes because 130 hat and shoes are better (for some school)

These people are the reason why Mirage was make easier. It was actual a hard world and I and many other enjoy it but because people do not like to use shields and have weak resist, they had make it easier.
"These people are the reason why Mirage was make easier. It was actual a hard world and I and many other enjoy it but because people do not like to use shields and have weak resist, they had make it easier."

Couldn't those who want a challenge try to do the worlds with worse gear then?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Jasmine3429 on Mar 13, 2019 wrote:
As Patrick implied with a wink though -- *is it a fact?*
And even if it is -- the game isn't only for people who are very competitive or who want a hard challenge, it's for all sorts of people. Games that want to survive have to appeal to a broad user base.

"A game is to be learned and mastered" - see that's a good example of different *opinions* about gaming.

Not everyone believes that is what games are.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Area51Alien on Mar 21, 2019 wrote:
Hmmm

"why do you think you should succeed at a game you can not be bothered to learn how to play?"

That is an awfully condescending statement.

Not everyone has the time to watch hours of YouTube videos on how to maximize your gear/stats. Some young wizards are spending what little extra time they have on the game.

Let's look at from this viewpoint. Brand New Wizard Alan AddleFlame sees the game and decides to try it out. After playing for an hour Alan decides he's got the hang of the game and decides to continue. The rules are straight forward. Game play isn't complicated and he continues.

As Alan continues to play he discovers that you get new gear and eventual figures out how to change it up. (It took me a month of gameplay when I first started to realize that I COULD switch gear. I was Krokotopia with the same basic gear you start out with). Then Alan learns from the disparaging comments from others that his gear is not the best. How does he get the best gear? He buys what's available in the Bazaar or equips what he gets. And instead of trying to help a new player, other wizards mock him. Alan leaves to find a game where he can play without being mocked.

Heck, I didn't even realize that gear made THAT much importance in how you damage until last summer. I'm fortunate. I have a questing partner who has taken the time to teach me how and where to get the best gear. She has guided me through tough dungeons.

If you come across a wizard who seems to be lacking in the gear department, rather than mock or insult, try to see what pointers you can give them.

Maybe they don't understand that sometimes you have to repeat a battle (again, and again, and again) in order to get better gear. Maybe they need to be politely taught some of the finer battle points that aren't covered in any of the tutorials.

I lucked out. My mentor is great.

Trying being wizard mentor and maybe the wizard you just insulted will be a better player because of it.

Just my two cents
Steven Ghoststalker
I am talking about wizards over level 120 here, and yes I try to give constructive advice, but have been yelled at for this as giving advice is somehow rude.

If you are a new player you do not get to level 120 in a week, you have already met many cheating bosses and have a grasp of gameplay by that point imo. Nor do you need to watch hours of youtube, a simple google search leads you to many 1 page documents explaining cheats and strategies for all the end game boss battles.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
SparkleTude on Mar 21, 2019 wrote:
As Patrick implied with a wink though -- *is it a fact?*
And even if it is -- the game isn't only for people who are very competitive or who want a hard challenge, it's for all sorts of people. Games that want to survive have to appeal to a broad user base.

"A game is to be learned and mastered" - see that's a good example of different *opinions* about gaming.

Not everyone believes that is what games are.
Curious as to what game you were ever good at that you did not take time to learn? Even go fish has rules.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
To come to an understanding about guide using for better game play. KI did put out several guids and they're very helpful but many of those attending school or single parents may not have much game time from everyday life they must attend to or no extra cash to continue their memberships on a monthly basis. These players may not have time to earn crowns or farm all day for better gear or look up guides everytime they come across a hard battle. They want to play, level up fast and see how far they can get before their membership ends and who knows when they can pay another 10 dollars for another one. There are people playing Wizard101 who are slow learning and have educational difficulties and may need further assistants like a helping hand-on and be shown. I have a few of them on my friends list alone who told me. Don't get me wrong, these people are very good players but with more patients and understanding is needed. The way Wizard101 is created and for it's purpose: Safe, family friendly, different people with different playstyle. We all need to accept that for a more enjoyable game play. KI is searching for new ways to improve the game

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Jasmine3429 on Mar 22, 2019 wrote:
Curious as to what game you were ever good at that you did not take time to learn? Even go fish has rules.
From those you quoted including me, it sounds like you are having a problem with the way the game is created and it's purpose before it launched. Only Kingsisle knows that purpose which was already mentioned on this topic by a few others. We all have the right to debate but put downs and insults does not help and tell us you're not a team player to those who are not as good as you. We are all good players in our own ways. Wizard101 is a game for eveyone. There is no right or wrong way to play as long as you follow the Terms of Use. Wizard101 is not school; there is no fail or test. It's not the Army where you have to be all you can be. It's not a job where you have to be the best up to your boss's expectations or you are a slacker and should be fired. If you want to learn and master, then master by learning other player's way of reasons by asking questions and evaluate their game play. Then you'll understand what's going on.

Administrator
I've kept enabling the posts that are coming through for this thread, but we may have to stop if they get to contentious. Please keep in mind and respect the opinions of others in the community.